Princess Cruises to partner with Sydney Swans AFL team

Is the Sydney Swans Australia's most supported club????

Really? I would have thought that statement could be challenged.

God forbid what Eddie's chocking on right now......

Come on you AFL footy tragic's is that true????

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Is the Sydney Swans Australia's most supported club????

Really? I would have thought that statement could be challenged.

God forbid what Eddie's chocking on right now......

Come on you AFL footy tragic's is that true????

Supposedly it is true, but don't know how they reach that conclusion. Not sure who was surveyed and how many or where. Perhaps if only done in Sydney or even NSW, the Swans may come out on top but I wouldn't have thought they would in the remainder of the country. 

Just looked it up, it's a Roy Morgan survey. Roy Morgan Survey Most Supported AFL Club

29 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Supposedly it is true, but don't know how they reach that conclusion. Not sure who was surveyed and how many or where. Perhaps if only done in Sydney or even NSW, the Swans may come out on top but I wouldn't have thought they would in the remainder of the country. 

Just looked it up, it's a Roy Morgan survey. Roy Morgan Survey Most Supported AFL Club

I can't believe that, they had to leave Melbourne through lack of support didn't they.

Would the rabid magpie supporter even be able to drink his beer with out choking.

What about you might blues supporters are you going to let it be believed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

I can't believe that, they had to leave Melbourne through lack of support didn't they.

Would the rabid magpie supporter even be able to drink his beer with out choking.

I’m an Essendon supporter, the third generation of my paternal grandmother’s family to barrack for them. Daughter is fourth generation and eldest grandchild is the fifth. 

This is all about marketing reach - brand familiarity stuff, and things like more people knowing who Buddy is than know who Daicos is. Not true fans, not members, just market awareness. 

In true terms, I no longer follow AFL so much, but do keep an eye on how the Swans are going. I guess that fits me in those numbers.

It has to be Sydney though. It doesn't make sense to engage with a Melbourne club when they are taking their ships out of Port Melbourne - ironically, the original home of the bloods.

Edited by arxcards

It had to be the Swans, they have the Opera house on their jerseys. As mentioned it is about marketing and even if they hadn't pulled out of Melbourne which team would they pick without disenfranchising fans of the other teams. In Sydney they wouldn't care, perhaps some true fan's of GWS might, but most wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

As a Blues supporter a resounding NO !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

I’m an Essendon supporter, the third generation of my paternal grandmother’s family to barrack for them. Daughter is fourth generation and eldest grandchild is the fifth. 

Come on the Bombers......✌️

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It had to be the Swans, they have the Opera house on their jerseys. As mentioned it is about marketing and even if they hadn't pulled out of Melbourne which team would they pick without disenfranchising fans of the other teams. In Sydney they wouldn't care, perhaps some true fan's of GWS might, but most wouldn't.

Well they could have looked at "The Mighty Lions" of Sunny Queensland.

But that then begs the real question, if they really wanted to do "Create Memorial experiences for AFL enthusiasts and players" why not team up with the AFL themselves and boost everyone.

Nar their office is in Sydney, local bias written all over it🤣

• Like 1

What would footy team support be without bias? With Princess abandoning home porting in Melbourne it was inevitable they would link elsewhere.

Their support of Sydney Swans won't endear them in the other states. We are a parochial lot but that's half the fun, isn't it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1