app and premier package questions

Iwork2trav

hello travel experts 🙂 I will have more than just a couple questions because I'm confused!

1.  This evening I upgraded to Premier for a cruise next week, and am now trying to book dining at specialty restaurants on the app, but it is asking for my credit card?  Do I just book and get credited later?  Or am I supposed to be seeing the credits somewhere?  Does it just take time?

2. what is "pay rewards"? It says  "earn 7% back on shoreside purchases"... what does this mean and how do I do it?  Is it just automatic?  Does shoreside just mean things that I book or prepay for before embarkation? 

3. What is a journey account?

thanks!

1 hour ago, Iwork2trav said:

1.  This evening I upgraded to Premier for a cruise next week, and am now trying to book dining at specialty restaurants on the app, but it is asking for my credit card?  Do I just book and get credited later?  Or am I supposed to be seeing the credits somewhere?  Does it just take time?

It can take a day or so for the App to reflect changes made to bookings in POLAR.  That said, you still may not find DMW working well.  Many posters recommend using the web version of the App to access and book using DMW (Dine My Way).

58 minutes ago, Iwork2trav said:

question on dining rooms... is there a difference between ketchikan, juneau and skagway on Discovery?

Answer is the same for all ships.  The mid-ship DR's are generally the same in decor, with the aft DR often somewhat different.  All three have same menu and service level for dinner.  One will be open for breakfast.  Same one will be open for lunch on sea days.

7 hours ago, Iwork2trav said:

question on dining rooms... is there a difference between ketchikan, juneau and skagway on Discovery?

You didn't say which ship, but from those names I guess Discovery, Ketchikan (Aft MDR) takes going up a deck then back down to get to. Entrance right at the stairs, Everytime we tried there which was like once it was crowded there.

@Iwork2trav, Pay rewards is when you use your Medallion to pay for purchases with ‘selected’ shoreside merchants that have signed up to accept Medallion Pay.

You can decide if the price you will pay at this particular merchant, it worth the probable mark up /pricing required for this merchant to participate in Medallion pay.

When I upgraded to Premier in the cruise Personalizer, it took a few days before it recognized I now have dining credits. As your cruise is next week, you might have to wait till you board to make your specialty dining reservations, else try calling Princess directly.

• Like 3

Warning:  I did this on a prior cruise and the Premier Package was not recognized upon boarding.  One of us could not board as the medallion did not work.  After they allowed us to board and after we got our WiFi connected, or so we thought, we went to Alfredo's for lunch.  We ordered drinks and waited over two overs to be served.  By the time we got back to the room charges were hitting our account for the drinks.  We went back to the restaurant and they had no explanation.  This happened several times throughout the cruise so many wasted hours were spent at Guest Services getting the charges removed.  Finally, make sure the bartender is giving you what you paid for.  For example, the wine bars will have premier wines but the normal bars may not so you never know for sure what you are getting.  Please carefully monitor your onboard account and be sure to resolve all issues before leaving the ship.

2 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Warning:  I did this on a prior cruise and the Premier Package was not recognized upon boarding.  One of us could not board as the medallion did not work.  After they allowed us to board and after we got our WiFi connected, or so we thought, we went to Alfredo's for lunch.  We ordered drinks and waited over two overs to be served.  By the time we got back to the room charges were hitting our account for the drinks.  We went back to the restaurant and they had no explanation.  This happened several times throughout the cruise so many wasted hours were spent at Guest Services getting the charges removed.  Finally, make sure the bartender is giving you what you paid for.  For example, the wine bars will have premier wines but the normal bars may not so you never know for sure what you are getting.  Please carefully monitor your onboard account and be sure to resolve all issues before leaving the ship.

ugh what a hassle, I am sure hoping this does not happen to us!

5 minutes ago, Iwork2trav said:

ugh what a hassle, I am sure hoping this does not happen to us!

Just be aware as Princess does not have a very efficient accounting system on board.  It should not happen if you purchase the Premier Package up front and not upgraded.

another question, My daughter and I have our phones and I will have my work laptop (because I am a good employee haha), can I give use of my 4th device to someone else?  Or is it designated just for me and my cabin mate (my daughter)

Anyone can use any of your connections if you give them your login credentials.

another question, My daughter and I have our phones and I will have my work laptop (because I am a good employee haha), can I give use of my 4th device to someone else?  Or is it designated just for me and my cabin mate (my daughter)

Anyone can use it, but they  will have to use your sign in credentials.  If you have a four device package, or 2 two device packages, four devices can be log in at the same time.

sorry, I see it was answered already.

Edited by jagoffee

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Anyone can use it, but they  will have to use your sign in credentials.  If you have a four device package, or 2 two device packages, four devices can be log in at the same time.

sorry, I see it was answered already.

Sorry, but no such thing as a 2-device plan.