Carnival Freedom - Anyone interested in forming a group for April 19th Sailing?

OMG, I posted to the other thread asking if you were going to start a new thread - before I saw this one! Sorry :(

I am definitely interested! This itinerary is awesome and I can't wait to see the pricing. The press release said rates will start at $999 pp so that should help the group pricing. I was eyeing the September 22, 2007 sailing but maybe this one will be priced right because it is early in the season - for Europe :D

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

Linda

Just realized this is pretty early in the season for Europe, and therefore might be a little "chilly" for me - I like being out in the sun on the pool deck and the beaches - later in the summer may work out better for me with my younger son, school vacation, etc. - will have to see.

Also curious to see how high the airfares are . . .

We would be a definite "maybe" for April. I was also interested in the Sept. 22 date. We did the Liberty in the Med in Sept/Oct last year and the weather was great (although chilly in northern Italy). I'd be interested in seeing the pricing and might consider April.

Did anyone get a good feel for where the embarkation and disembaration is for this one?

Sounds like we have enough interest in both the April and the September sailing.

Maybe Laura can let us know if two groups is out of the question. This itinerary is only offered on the following dates:

March 14 (Wednesday)

March 26 (Monday)

April 7 (Saturday)

April 19 (Thursday)

June 18 (Monday)

August 5 (Sunday)

September 22 (Saturday)

Normally there are airfare deals in the Spring that may tip the scales to April...

I'm happy to see so many replies in just about 24 hours. As soon I hear from Laura and get the prices we'll make it official. As far as the weather, I will check into it - just keep in mind that Greece and Turkey are further south than Italy so they will be much warmer, even in April. From my quick research this morning, it seems that most of Italy will be in the 60s or 70s (so a light jacket should do) and Greece and Turkey seem to be in very high 60s well into the 70s in mid to late April, however, I'm going to check on that...just to confirm it.

Thanks for all your reseach! You are right about Greece and Turkey being further south and I think April may be a great time to go.

I have a cruise in December 2006 that makes this one a little too close (financially) but I'm waiting to see the rates for all. I did a little checling on airfare and both April and September appear to be about the same (at least for me).

Can't wait to see what you get :D

I am a single woman 50+ who may be interested in this cruise..But I need a roommate.

I'm a single 67 year old woman from the DFW area who would also need a roommate. However, I'll be right up front & say that I smoke, soooooo there may not be too many who would be interested in sharing with me. The itinerary sounds fantastic! I'm anxious to see the prices & hopefully could afford 1/2 the price for a balcony.

Me & DH are a go. We did the Liberty last September and loved it. He'll be working in Saudi so it will be a great meeting spot for us. Put us down for a balcony. This is the best way to see foreign countries unless you have the time for train rides.

Linda

Hi everyone!! I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I would definitely be interested...we would want a balcony cabin for 2. I would actually be turning 32 on this cruise! Yikes! Wouldn't need airfare though, as I have been hanging onto my British Airways miles!! Good thing I have been saving them. This would be a great Birthday present!

I liked the Itinerary for the Liberty, but I could do without going to France, and I have been to Barcelona before too, although I LOVE that city. I would much rather go to Italy, Greece and Turkey. Haven't been anywhere east of France so far.

The only thing is that signing up so early means so much waiting!! I guess I will just have to go on another cruise before then.......I have this thing where I have sailed on the newest ship on each cruise....started on the Pride, then the Valor, and just recently returned from the Liberty....it would be very fitting to go on the Freedom.

So, yep....I am up for this.

Holly

Ok, everyone, it's almost official. Laura is contacting the travel agencies today but, please, please be patient, pricing will not be available until this coming Monday. That means we won't have any prices until Tuesday or Wednesday but, stayed tuned...I'll post it as soon as I receive it!

Thanks!

We are definitely interested in either an April or September cruise. We've been waiting for the announcement on the itinerary--were hoping it would include Greece.

We were on the Liberty last September and fell in love with Europe. We can't go back soon enough!!

My bedtfriend and I are deffinately interessted in going on the grand med. cruise but can go till later in the year (Sept-Oct) any sailings then? And is anyone planning a non-group group thing around then? With or without air prices would be cool to just to get an idea of price.

Stephie;)

I would definitely be interested if I can afford it. :D And assuming that my roommate enjoys cruising (We leave on her first on Sunday.) So, looking forward to seeing the pricing. If it matters, we'd need one room with a window. Doesn't have to be a balcony, but I'm claustrophobic, so I do need a window...

Archived