Unlimited speciality dining reservations

go.without.you

Whether or not you can book reservations has nothing to do with CC status. 

We were recently on a cruise where well over 1/3 of the passengers were Elite  or above.  

Learning that left  me with 2 thoughts.  1.  Celebrity/Royal (due to the reciprocal status up to Elite/Diamond) have a huge # of loyal cruisers, and 2. Thinking my CC status matters or somehow makes me special is a fallacy.

Just now, CruiseCrew123 said:

If you booked the package then you can’t book till on board 

What about just booking one night? We have a group going on a cruise in October as a 50 year college reunion and want to book one night in a specialty restaurant. I was thinking it was too soon but maybe not??

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

What about just booking one night? We have a group going on a cruise in October as a 50 year college reunion and want to book one night in a specialty restaurant. I was thinking it was too soon but maybe not??

You can book one night as long as you pay the going rate.  If you have a package, you have to wait until you are on the ship.  Then you are at the mercy of available days and times.  I don't like to dine at 9:00 pm but others may like that option.

Just now, keesar said:

You can book one night as long as you pay the going rate.  If you have a package, you have to wait until you are on the ship.  Then you are at the mercy of available days and times.  I don't like to dine at 9:00 pm but others may like that option.

Oh, now I get it, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't catching the difference between those with a package and those just trying to book a night or two.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Is there really anything stopping you from reserving it at the paid rate for the one night and then canceling that reservation and instead taking it with the unlimited package?

4 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Is there really anything stopping you from reserving it at the paid rate for the one night and then canceling that reservation and instead taking it with the unlimited package?

I'm pretty sure no one in our group will have the unlimited package. In fact, for most of them this is their first cruise. We have one person who is obsessed with early planning and wants to book Tuscan Grille 1 night and wants to do it now. I'm not sure the others will go along but I'm happy to help her understand how to do some things. I emailed her the basics but realized I wasn't sure what the booking timeframe was for X, so I thought I would check with all of you.