Wine list on Ascent

brandy3415

Cruising Ascent soon and query to Celebrity does not produce response.  So--we are looking to pre purchase several bottles of wine.  Is this possible any more?

Also, we cannot find, either on these boards or on Celebrity website, a current list of wines by the bottle.   We do not drink anything but wine, so we do not buy drink packages.  If they have wine packages we would be interested.    Somewhere I saw a post about these topics but not sure if they still apply, or even apply to this ship.  Can someone give me input on this?

3 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

Cruising Ascent soon and query to Celebrity does not produce response.  So--we are looking to pre purchase several bottles of wine.  Is this possible any more?

Also, we cannot find, either on these boards or on Celebrity website, a current list of wines by the bottle.   We do not drink anything but wine, so we do not buy drink packages.  If they have wine packages we would be interested.    Somewhere I saw a post about these topics but not sure if they still apply, or even apply to this ship.  Can someone give me input on this?

The bottle lists, until on the ship, are at the bottom of the lists of wine in the app for each venue that sells wine by the bottle. That's mostly the dining rooms and restaurants. It's not user friendly, and not necessarily accurate. The better lists will be in the specialties but those may or may not be available in other venues. And I believe even onboard the lists are venue specific. For the dining rooms, the sommelier will have them and should be able to tell you what is or is not available on the list. 

I'm not sure the previous bottle packages are still available. We've never done one, and that's my memory of the last thread on this subject

The wine by the bottle packages haven’t been offered pre cruise for awhile now.   There may be packages available once on board.  The available wines have changed from cruise to cruise so what is on the wine lists may vary from what is actually on the ship. Sometimes our favorites aren’t available but others we haven’t tried are excellent and become new favs. 

I suggest you ask the sommlier about the wine packages once on board. 

The elusive "wine by the bottle" list!  The most comprehensive I've seen is on the app for Luminae, where most cruisers will not have access.  I vaguely recall seeing a flder with a large wine by the bottle list and will seek to take pics from it when I sail in Feb.  Of course with a drink package we rarely buy a bottle, but it's still nice to see what they have, as we have on a few occasions had a sommelier pour us a glass from bottles not normally sold by the glass. 

On 12/12/2023 at 9:43 PM, brandy3415 said:

Celebrity currently does not offer wine packages for sale pre-cruise.  If you are looking to purchase wine before you sail, the only option I am currently aware of is to buy individual bottles.  They can be found by logging into your celebrity account on the Web, going to Plan my  cruise, and then Gifts & Gear.

image.thumb.png.8db676b67de54471c3be653ff2970a52.png