Comedy club question

mrsd2fan

Hey all! Sailing SOS Jan27/24 with hubby and sisters in law..one SIL wanted to do the comedy show....couldn't believe how fast it booked! All dates and times are booked!  Hubby and I have sailed before, but we usalyl don't do shows and this is our SIL's first cruise

If someone doesn't use their tickets, can we put our names on a list with the guest services?

TY

25 minutes ago, mrsd2fan said:

Hey all! Sailing SOS Jan27/24 with hubby and sisters in law..one SIL wanted to do the comedy show....couldn't believe how fast it booked! All dates and times are booked!  Hubby and I have sailed before, but we usalyl don't do shows and this is our SIL's first cruise

If someone doesn't use their tickets, can we put our names on a list with the guest services?

TY

Some reservations are held back for those that don't make reservations prior to boarding.  As soon as you board the ship, connect to Royal Wifi and try to see if you can get a reservation.  I would do this while standing in line at wherever the box office is set up to make reservations.  If they aren't able to get a reservation, there is a standby line for each show.  On a recent Oasis sailing, we saw around 50 get in as standbys.  Some had to stand the whole time, others found seats.

• Like 1

As soon as you step on the ship, make a reservation for the comedy club. All reservations are not on line before the cruise. There are still reservations to be had. 

As this is a small venue, make your ressie right away. 

The same thing happened to my family of 4 on the Oasis this summer. No problem making a reservation once on the ship. 

There is a is a stand by line for every show, but the seats are less than desireable. Trust me on this. 

Thats the one venue that gets booked up real fast as soon as it opens up on line .

On the Harmony a few months ago , they let in quite a few in the stand by line. 

I didnt realize they let people stand at the back , not seated. 

If you do get a reservation once on the ship get to the show half an hour early to get a good seat.

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

It's the size of the venue.  Fewer chairs than, say, the main theater.  

Absolutely, Id say the main theatre is 5 times bigger.

I googled the main theatre capacity at 1380 . 

Cant find the capacity of the Attic, but id hazard a guess at around  200 - 250

15 minutes ago, loman said:

Absolutely, Id say the main theatre is 5 times bigger.

I googled the main theatre capacity at 1380 . 

Cant find the capacity of the Attic, but id hazard a guess at around  200 - 250

The last 2 cruises on Oasis and Harmony there's one performance usually on the last night where the Adult Comedy is held in the theatre.

As some have said, Royal maintains 25% or reserves for on bord bookings.  Also, on the larger ships there are usually 3 performances each night.  On recent Oasis sail in October, me and my son went stand-by and did not think that we could get in as the line was longer than the reserve.  No problem, all of the stand-bys got in.  There also is a large bar that one can sit around and watch the performances.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I have NEVER seen this allowed, and I've been on quite a few Oasis class cruises.

Yep  , September 9th on  Harmony . 

A first for me .

You would think they went over the rated capacity of the room .