Why is the stock dropping?

weregoingcruising

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's because of two things:

a) buyers were willing to pay more (the bid)

b) sellers weren't willing to sell any cheaper (the ask)

Just like every other individual stock.  Sure, the media always likes to make up stuff to explain it, but it really doesn't work that way.

And also basically the entire stock market has been going up the last few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

Smoked salmon on toasted half bagel with cream cheese, tomato and chives available daily in the MDRs.

yes, I know.

actually, it's available on a whole bagel if you ask for what now constitutes a "double order."

they used to give a whole bagel with the salmon on just one side. now they only give half a bagel. and, for some curious reason, they insist on putting a single leaf of lettuce on that half of bagel. in all my considerable years of eating lox and bagels, i have myself never once put lettuce on a lox and bagel with a schmear, nor have i ever seen anyone else do it. it's like serving pastrami on white bread with mayo. some things are sacrosanct.

I've never seen chives served with smoked salmon on NCL. are you thinking of dill, perhaps?

either way, I'm a bit of a purist. dill, as a garnish, is not as bad as a lettuce leaf, but I just move it to the edge of the plate. it has no place in a proper bagel with smoked salmon. when it comes to dill on a bagel, follow nancy reagan's example and just. say. no.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UKstages said:

whenever I see the stock going up, i always assume that investors have discovered that NCL has removed veuve from the plus beverage package,  the smoked salmon from the breakfast buffet and hash browns from the entire fleet.

whenever I see the stock going down, I know its because investors have realized that certain passengers are bringing their own wifi routers onboard and that some passengers are requesting thirteen shrimp in their haven shrimp cocktail.

Eureka!

😮

You've figured it out, perfectly!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes.  The saying in amateur investing circles is that "the trend is your friend."

I thought the old saying started with "a rising tide" which of course would be very appropriate for cruise stocks. 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I thought the old saying started with "a rising tide" which of course would be very appropriate for cruise stocks. 😉

But, beware the storms that lie just over the horizon.

An old investing phrase, I think.  😨

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

But, beware the storms that lie just over the horizon.

An old investing phrase, I think.  😨

Thanks, I never heard that one, but it makes sense.

The "storm" of the Covid pandemic sure did hit all cruise line stocks in a terrible way.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Actually, we did not go because of that Covid storm as the cruise we had booked for the summer of 2020 never sailed. 😢

Tell me about it.

June 2020 - New England/Canada - RCCL - canceled

January 2021 - Panama Canal - Bliss - canceled

Finally replacing the second one next month.

7 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Tell me about it.

June 2020 - New England/Canada - RCCL - canceled

January 2021 - Panama Canal - Bliss - canceled

Finally replacing the second one next month.

Yes we all suffered as well as the cruise lines. Our cancelled cruise was a Norwegian fjords cruise on Princess, though I do not remember which ship it was to be on. We did hit a few of the ports we missed that summer this past summer on our Prima cruise from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik.