LIVE from the Viking Neptune World Cruise includes FTL and LA

BobCatter

28 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I thought y’all were scheduled to overnight in Walvis Bay?  Did that get canned due to the late Cape Town departure also?

FWIW-immigration was a breeze for us-we went to Star Theatre 5 min before our scheduled excursion time (9:15am for us), got our group number in the hallway as usual, scanned our key card, walked up on stage, Viking put a sticker on our card, one of the four?five immigration officers looked at our passport, stamped it twice and filled in info by hand, we walked down the other side of the stairs, gave our passport to Viking folks, and headed to our excursion. 

I hope it will be as smooth for y’all as it was for us. Hate hearing yall aren’t getting to see as much as us. 

Totally unrelated but I told you I’d get our numbers for you. As of tomorrow we will have 558 on board per Mara, head of guest services. (4 are disembarking tomorrow).

36 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I thought y’all were scheduled to overnight in Walvis Bay?  Did that get canned due to the late Cape Town departure also?

FWIW-immigration was a breeze for us-we went to Star Theatre 5 min before our scheduled excursion time (9:15am for us), got our group number in the hallway as usual, scanned our key card, walked up on stage, Viking put a sticker on our card, one of the four?five immigration officers looked at our passport, stamped it twice and filled in info by hand, we walked down the other side of the stairs, gave our passport to Viking folks, and headed to our excursion. 

I hope it will be as smooth for y’all as it was for us. Hate hearing yall aren’t getting to see as much as us. 

#Yeahskyhatesit.....

6 hours ago, DJVKN said:

Totally unrelated but I told you I’d get our numbers for you. As of tomorrow we will have 558 on board per Mara, head of guest services. (4 are disembarking tomorrow).

WOW-almost the same count

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Just kidding Clay.  Just couldn't resist the hashtag opportunity....🍸

Well the thought did run through my head that Neptune is feeling the way Sky did when we were docked in the hinterlands rather than in Melbourne and at the other pier rather than Circular Quay😂

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Well the thought did run through my head that Neptune is feeling the way Sky did when we were docked in the hinterlands rather than in Melbourne and at the other pier rather than Circular Quay😂

Yes - but you made the ports. You also got Kauai and I think you got to cruise Milford Sound. You also had a stop in Reunion and made your ports in SA (even though CT was delayed). There’s no use comparing. We are each happy and disappointed in our own ways. 🤷‍♀️ #skygetseverything 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobCatter said:

Yes - but you made the ports. You also got Kauai and I think you got to cruise Milford Sound. You also had a stop in Reunion and made your ports in SA (even though CT was delayed). There’s no use comparing. We are each happy and disappointed in our own ways. 🤷‍♀️ #skygetseverything 😉

No Milford Sound for us-we had to hightail it to Sydney missing that as well as Hobart due to the port strike so I agree with ya-both ships have had disappointments and exciting times…I believe all of us should feel very lucky to have had this wonderful adventure!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

No Milford Sound for us-we had to hightail it to Sydney missing that as well as Hobart due to the port strike so I agree with ya-both ships have had disappointments and exciting times…I believe all of us should feel very lucky to have had this wonderful adventure!

Indeed!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Long time no post….Are y’all still back there?

We are all still here at least the last 558 of us. Tooling our way north heading to Dakar. Not a whole lot to report. Trivia, baggo, wine tasting and lectures are still in full swing along with the Viking Guest Choir and crafting. There is a major photo scavenger hunt in progress right now that was put together by Russell Lee and his wife Gail. Stiff competition and very secretive. It is a four day event ending tonight at 6:00 and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Later!

Just now, DJVKN said:

We are all still here at least the last 558 of us. Tooling our way north heading to Dakar. Not a whole lot to report. Trivia, baggo, wine tasting and lectures are still in full swing along with the Viking Guest Choir and crafting. There is a major photo scavenger hunt in progress right now that was put together by Russell Lee and his wife Gail. Stiff competition and very secretive. It is a four day event ending tonight at 6:00 and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Later!

WOW, four days!!!  The 2nd scavenger hunt on Sky was yesterday and had a 30min time limit.  Good luck to all who participate.  Our choir is preparing for their 2nd performance (if you don’t count the flash mob they did during one of our guest entertainer’s show) on the 23rd before we arrive in Agadir. The first one was conducted by Bruce our CD before he got sick. This time a guest is conducting-he was a choir director pre-retirement. I suspect that the Star Theatre will again be packed!

IMG_1844.thumb.jpeg.967b33f8de3af126808ec8cad46083c9.jpeg

Just now, TravelBySea23 said:

Actually, we’re still looking for the buoy 😂😂

According to a post on the site that cannot be named, the buoy was removed in 2020!

IMG_5367.thumb.jpeg.220c98d4b8787480929fa86ab92eb1c7.jpeg

Just now, DJVKN said:

When do you get to Dakar?  Are you still two days behind us? We are scheduled to arrive there on 19 April. 

53 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

When do you get to Dakar?  Are you still two days behind us? We are scheduled to arrive there on 19 April. 

We arrive on the 21st.  Our Choir performs the night of the 21st as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Isn’t that a day early?  Thought yall were 3 days behind. 

They’re the 8th and 9th, and we’re the 5th and 6th.  My fingers and toes calculated the original 3 days apart.  Plus I have a “our bus broke down in Dakar story”

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pappri said:

They’re the 8th and 9th, and we’re the 5th and 6th.  My fingers and toes calculated the original 3 days apart.  Plus I have a “our bus broke down in Dakar story”

Apparently along with everything else I’ve forgotten how to do over the last four months, counting is one of them.  My bad.  Thanks for setting me straight!

• Haha 1

Wait until you get home after 4 glorious months having to think of nothing but how to experience our beautiful world and what to eat and drink!

• Like 7

On 4/20/2024 at 10:49 AM, deec said:

Wait until you get home after 4 glorious months having to think of nothing but how to experience our beautiful world and what to eat and drink!

I can’t imagine. I get whiney doing dishes again after just 2 weeks. 

• Like 3