can current promotions be applied to existing reservations?

ewildcat7

I have a reservation on a Princess cruise in Europe in June and I found a great deal for flights through EZ Air.  Then this week, I see that they are offering promotions for the 3rd passenger free.  When I priced it out using the current promotion, I could get a better cabin for less than what I have reserved (because the 3rd person is free).  When I called Princess to ask if they would apply the promotion (removing the cost for the 3rd passenger), they told me that they couldn't and that I would have to book a new reservation to get the current promotion.  The problem is that, if I do that and cancel my existing reservation, I lose my flights (which I got a great deal on).  Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, ewildcat7 said:

I have a reservation on a Princess cruise in Europe in June and I found a great deal for flights through EZ Air.  Then this week, I see that they are offering promotions for the 3rd passenger free.  When I priced it out using the current promotion, I could get a better cabin for less than what I have reserved (because the 3rd person is free).  When I called Princess to ask if they would apply the promotion (removing the cost for the 3rd passenger), they told me that they couldn't and that I would have to book a new reservation to get the current promotion.  The problem is that, if I do that and cancel my existing reservation, I lose my flights (which I got a great deal on).  Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

Have you re-priced your flight in EZAir to see if price has changed much at all?

Otherwise, flights can be preserved and shifted to a new booking.  You need a CVP or good res agent to do this and not the overseas call center.  Call in and select book a new cruise option from phone tree option list.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, david63 said:

Sounds to me as if you want your cake and eat it. You cannot have the best of everything - you need to do your sums and see what is the best option.

ha ha - exactly!  I am trying to get the best deal that I can!  Doesn't hurt to try.....

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you re-priced your flight in EZAir to see if price has changed much at all?

Otherwise, flights can be preserved and shifted to a new booking.  You need a CVP or good res agent to do this and not the overseas call center.  Call in and select book a new cruise option from phone tree option list.

yes - I have tried to re-price the flights and they are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive now.

thanks for the tip for calling - I have just been going through the main number and getting people who are very nice, but obviously following a script

1 minute ago, ewildcat7 said:

yes - I have tried to re-price the flights and they are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive now.

thanks for the tip for calling - I have just been going through the main number and getting people who are very nice, but obviously following a script

This is Sunday.  You need to call on a weekday.  Be prepared for lines to be extra busy on a Monday 

8 minutes ago, ewildcat7 said:

While you do have to have someone rebook it under the current promotion, a good Princess CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner) should be able to move the flights for you.  Maybe?  
Mine has done it for me before.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

While you do have to have someone rebook it under the current promotion, a good Princess CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner) should be able to move the flights for you.  Maybe?  
Mine has done it for me before.  

that is what I thought - the flights are their own reservation, so they should be moveable

• Like 2

I would call back again.  I don't have air but I had the cruise repriced removing the charge for the 3rd person.  Same booking number.  The next day I realized there is also a room upgrade promotion, I down graded my mini suite (by moving forward about 4 cabins) and saved another 500.00.  Again, kept the same booking number, also kept excursions and dinners that were booked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewildcat7 said:

Thanks in advance!

I had a CVP tell me some time ago, that the air reservation be lifted from old booking to new.  I would only try that if you have a good Princess CVP, not the 800 reservation desk.

update:  after calling Princess multiple times and asking my CVP twice, I kept running into brick walls.  Everybody told me that it was not possible to separate my flights from the original reservation or apply the current promotion to the original reservation.  So, I decided to call EZ Air directly and see if they could do anything with the flights.  It worked!  It took several hours and they had to re-book and manually re-price, but my flights are now on the new reservation with the 3rd person free.  All in all, this saved me almost $600.  Sometimes persistance pays off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2