Question re Princess $25 OBC re package changes

Currently on Majestic and, as we're on an old version of Plus, received an email re the $25 OBC.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has received this onboard. Was it applied automatically on Day 1? If so, do you recall what they called it on your on-board account?

We have not received it and guest services not helpful. They see a $25 credit which they think may be it, but that one has been there for past 2years ago when booking.  I have early printouts showing all original OBC amounts from before cruise and there are no additional credits since boarding.

Appreciate any advice re your experiences with this. Thanks 

No, it was not applied automatically.  Took email to guest services who took a copy as they would have to check with H.O. and a couple of days later I had a call that it had been applied: Guest on-board credit (non-refundable).

ETA: No package  just standard fare.

Edited by boeckli

33 minutes ago, boeckli said:

No, it was not applied automatically.  Took email to guest services who took a copy as they would have to check with H.O. and a couple of days later I had a call that it had been applied: Guest on-board credit (non-refundable).

ETA: No package  just standard fare.

Thank you. I have copy of email so will visit guest services again. I would have thought it should happen automatically. But hopefully we'll sort it out.

Can you advise what this $25 obc was for and why  I booked in August for Royal on 28th December to NZ   and know nothing   Thanks (every little  helps)   Just re read and saw it was pre Dec 2022  not 2023  Thanks

Edited by windsor26

50 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Can you advise what this $25 obc was for and why  I booked in August for Royal on 28th December to NZ   and know nothing   Thanks (every little  helps)   Just re read and saw it was pre Dec 2022  not 2023  Thanks

From memory the cut-off date was for earlier in December. It was before they announced the changes to the packages meaning that if you booked earlier you paid without knowing you weren't going to get what you paid for!

13 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Currently on Majestic and, as we're on an old version of Plus, received an email re the $25 OBC.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has received this onboard. Was it applied automatically on Day 1? If so, do you recall what they called it on your on-board account?

We have not received it and guest services not helpful. They see a $25 credit which they think may be it, but that one has been there for past 2years ago when booking.  I have early printouts showing all original OBC amounts from before cruise and there are no additional credits since boarding.

Appreciate any advice re your experiences with this. Thanks 

Ours was applied a few weeks prior to our Majestic cruise, I think days after Grand arrived here, the complaints became real and they mad an announcement about OBC for older Plus & Premier packages.

• Thanks 1

The announcement for the Ocean Ready charge was made on July 27 2023 - see news and events on Carnival Corp PLC website.   Anyone booking prior to that whether with standard fare or a Plus Package booked with the understanding that Ocean Ready delivery was free and included.  It is separate to the new inclusions and price increases made in Dec 2022

1 hour ago, robncruise said:

The announcement for the Ocean Ready charge was made on July 27 2023 - see news and events on Carnival Corp PLC website.   Anyone booking prior to that whether with standard fare or a Plus Package booked with the understanding that Ocean Ready delivery was free and included.  It is separate to the new inclusions and price increases made in Dec 2022

Anyone who booked the Plus or Premier after 13th December 2022 ($65/95) had the "new" Ocean Now charge and "Casual" restaurants included in their package. That is why that is still a key date around OBC. Initially, it was only those who had older (pre Dec 13) Plus & Premier packages that were advised they were getting the consolation OBC, but others on standard fares prior to July 27 have been able to individually argue their case at passenger services to get the OBC.