NZeTA Question - did I screw up?

groundloop

We're from the US, flying to Sydney early next year for a cruise to New Zealand.  I've just finished submitting applications for our NZeTA's via their website and I'm afraid I might have screwed mine up.

I understand that we're supposed to be charged for the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVA) on a "VISIT" NZeTA, but not  for a "TRANSIT" NZeTA.  I also gather from their information that for a cruise we'll need a "VISIT" NZeTA.

I swear that I checked "VISIT" on my application, but the web site never charged me for the IVA, however it did charge the IVA on my wife's application.  On the other hand, the wording on our acceptance emails is identical ..... "You are now authorised to travel to New Zealand or to pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger while you are on your way to another country."

Can anyone here advise how I might determine if I have the correct NZeTA?  I've been searching on the web and so far haven't found anything.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

On my NZeTA app it says "This NZeTA authorises you to travel to or transit New Zealand"

the wording on the email authorising 

Your New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) has been issued.

You are now authorised to travel to New Zealand or to pass through Auckland International Airport as a transit passenger while you are on your way to another country.

When you travel to New Zealand, you must check in with the passport listed here.

hope this helps

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, whitshel said:

I just did mine and it charged me $17 for the NZeTA and $35 for IVL.  I think that is in NZ$ so it should be less in US$$

As it is the NZeTA, of course the price is in NZD which today is around USD 31.70. 

7 hours ago, whitshel said:

I just did mine and it charged me $17 for the NZeTA and $35 for IVL.  I think that is in NZ$ so it should be less in US$$

35 NZD = $21.45 US

17 NZD = $10.42 US