Rental Car at Mahoghany Bay Cruise Port

TCAF

My family and I will be returning to Roatan this coming April and would like to rent a car to travel around the island.   The last time that we were in port in 2021, we rented a car from Avis right at the cruise port.  Upon trying to rent from them again this time around, Mahoghany Bay is not listed for Avis as a pick-up/drop-off spot. I have tried calling their office at the airport several times and it is always busy.  Unfortunately there is no email for Avis in Roatan either. 

Does anyone know if Avis or any other rental car company are located inside the port now???

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Roatan last week (1-9-24) and Avis at the cruise port was open and they had cars available.

Having said that, we decided not to rent a car on Roatan and hired a guide through Roatan Travel and Tours.  We got the driver for 3-4 hours for $25 per person and he would take us anywhere we needed to  go.  We were picked up in an Hyundai Elantra.

Thank you jlawrence01.  We actually have booked with Roatan Blessing tours for the day.  But it is good to know for the future that Avis is still at the port.  Thanks again!  ~Karan

9 hours ago, jlawrence01 said:

I was in Roatan last week (1-9-24) and Avis at the cruise port was open and they had cars available.

Having said that, we decided not to rent a car on Roatan and hired a guide through Roatan Travel and Tours.  We got the driver for 3-4 hours for $25 per person and he would take us anywhere we needed to  go.  We were picked up in an Hyundai Elantra.

I thought from another post you were on Norwegian? Didn’t you dock at Coxen Hole?

16 minutes ago, jlawrence01 said:

I have been to Roatan in November 2023 on the Regal Princess and in January 2024 on the Holland America Eurodam.

I was on a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Epic in February 2023.

Sorry I thought you had been on Epic recently. 

You had said on another thread they had used the Carnival pier in Cozumel I was trying to determine if there was a new pattern emerging, but if you were on Holland America recently that explains it.

Edited by c-leg5