In Retreat on board now?

39august

These new wine prices are just ridiculous when a glass of Decoy or Cherry Pie costs more than the retail price of a bottle. We board the Edge in two weeks and having paid over $20,000 for our Retreat cabins then to be nickel and dimed for cheap wines by the glass is unconscionable. Last month on the HAL Koningsdam Decoy and Cherry Pie were both $12 a glass, also my Buffalo Trace Bourbon was only $8.50 a shot. In September on the Apex Buffalo Trace was $17 a shot, then double HAL's cost.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The agent said Laura had told her there should not be any up charges for wines ordered in Retreat.

It sure doesn't sound like the message has filtered down from the top.  

Just off Summit last week and was subjected to the $2.00 per glass up charge in Luminae for my Whispering Angel, my Conundrum, and my top off of Conundrum on the way out of Luminae.  Yes, I caved.  The up charges slightly soured my otherwise fantastic 5-night cruise.  We will not be staying in The Retreat for our next three Celebrity bookings starting in April 2024, but we do have the Premium Adult Beverage package.  I refuse to let this perverse nickel-and-diming happen to me again.  I will stick with martinis and other drinks under the premium limit.  Let’s hope Laura’s message gets filtered down to the bar crew and this fiasco gets sorted soon.  @Georgia_Peaches No, in Luminae we did not have to show our room cards.  I think they were well aware of our suite numbers, perhaps because we are Elite and the other couple we were traveling with were turning Elite Plus on this sailing.  Most Summit crew around the ship seemed to learn stateroom numbers very quickly.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

X has all the wine tasting tours on ship. Trying to train a martini drinker like me to enjoy the finer types of wine and then make it tougher to enjoy.

I am no wine connoisseur, so after my first couple of martinis all of my wine at dinner starts to taste the same.😆

So bring on the $12.00 glasses of Columbia Crest Merlot.  As long as it is included in my adult beverage package, I don’t really give a….

Sorry.  Not sorry, Celebrity.

Just being honest.

As long as there is good company in my presence and edible food, then I am good.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am no wine connoisseur, so after my first couple of martinis all of my wine at dinner starts to taste the same.😆

So bring on the $12.00 glasses of Columbia Crest Merlot.  As long as it is included in my adult beverage package, I don’t really give a….

Sorry.  Not sorry, Celebrity.

Just being honest.

As long as there is good company in my presence and edible food, then I am good.

You got my vote.   😊

• Haha 1