one day in barcelona

furrrball

2 minutes ago, furrrball said:

We will be in barcelona for one day between back to back cruises.  Any suggestions on what to do within walking distance from the port or easy diy excursions.  We are limited on time

An entire day (overnight) or just 8-10 hours or so?

10 minutes ago, furrrball said:

We will be in barcelona for one day between back to back cruises.  Any suggestions on what to do within walking distance from the port or easy diy excursions.  We are limited on time

Have you been there before?  Assuming not, I would take a taxi from the ship to see La Sagrada Familia.  It’s possibly the biggest attraction in Barcelona.  Then if time permits, I’d taxi back to walk around some in the area where Gaudi architecture is prominent in several buildings.  Then maybe walk down Las Ramblas back toward the ship, catching a taxi at some point to get you there. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Have you been there before?  Assuming not, I would take a taxi from the ship to see La Sagrada Familia.  It’s possibly the biggest attraction in Barcelona.  Then if time permits, I’d taxi back to walk around some in the area where Gaudi architecture is prominent in several buildings.  Then maybe walk down Las Ramblas back toward the ship, catching a taxi at some point to get you there. 

I'm kinda partial to Park Guell.  Either way, best to pre-purchase skip-the-line tickets to save time on waitingto get in.

Barcelona is a fabulous port city with many good DIY options.  With that kind of time you can do just about anything within the city.  Getting from the port to wherever you want to go can generally be done quickly via taxi or somewhat slower via public transit.  An easy day is to simply go the Ramblas and soak up the atmosphere, browse in the wonderful La Boqueria Market, walk over the nearby Gothic Quarter, etc.  You might also want to visit Sagrada Familia (best to pre-order timed entry tickets) which can easily be done via taxi.  There are also several Gaudi designed houses, Parc Guell, and more.

There are many online guides to Barcelona or you could pick-up a copy of a decent guide book such as the Rick Steves book "Cruising the Mediterranean."  

Hank

On 12/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, furrrball said:

Hi

This is official Tourist office in Barcelona suggestion for just one day

https://www.barcelonaturisme.com/wv3/en/page/80/a-day-in-barcelona.html

(English version)

But I would say is a complete visit. This is... early morning to late night if you are going to visit everything (it is not the same walking and seeing monuments that enter in all of them)

Basicly

1- Gothic quarter. La Rambla, cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar basilic

2- Art Nouveau and Gaudi in Paseo de Gracia

3- Sagrada Familia (and Sant Pau)

4- Montjuich area

You can glance how to move within Barcelona in this post

and if you prefer more information about some of those items avoiding other, I would try to search for more info