Signed up for the 2026 World Cruise (FCR)

22 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Was the ship confirmed at this point?  I'll bet everything is going to be TBD till April 

The future cruise consultant on the Zaandam told me this fall when I booked 2026 world that no decision re ship has been made, but she predicts it will be Volendam or Zaandam, as they have not been filling Zuiderdam. (Big blocks probably at bargain basement prices to resellers like Travel by Alan this fall to sell more cabins on Zuiderdam.) I'm guessing that 2025 will bring some great last-minute pricing as the typical world customer base will be split between the world and the pole to pole.

Annette took my cabin preferences for both the R-class and the Vista class ships with my $100 2026 deposit a couple of months ago. She said of course the details (ship, itinerary) won't be announced until April -- probably when the HAL suits come aboard. My booking shows up on Navigator as a future cruise credit at the moment. Same thing happened early this year when Neil started selling the 2025 world early in the world cruise. He even took preferences for the "rumored" world and pole to pole.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

We did a FCR for Grand Asia. Rumor is it will sail from San Diego in Sep-Oct 2026. That would be so convenient for us! We can walk to the pier.

Enjoy the 2024 WC!!

Sounds wonderful! I loved my 2017 and 2018 Grand Asias and will jump on this.

I'm surprised that HAL doesn't alternate these grands. The 2018 Grand Asia was a great price because it came on the heels of the 2017. The same may have happened with the Grand Africas of the last couple of years.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

The itinerary is not out yet, but it is usually about 128 days. And it is a wonderful 4 months of being with the same guests.

We become a small friendly village that moves.

Join us. Start planning. 

You have all the same pax for the entire WC. HAL doesn't require segments to fill the ship?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

You have all the same pax for the entire WC. HAL doesn't require segments to fill the ship?

There might be 10% change in passengers on the segments but for the most part its a big family reunion and bonded friendships that will last a lifetime. 

8 hours ago, REOVA said:

There might be 10% change in passengers on the segments but for the most part its a big family reunion and bonded friendships that will last a lifetime. 

You are correct,    To give a number of Passengers , 2023 World Cruise had 500 New Bee's first time World Cruiser's  and at the end of the voyage we were all Family including the wonderful Crew.

12 hours ago, REOVA said:

Thanks - with 90% joining for the entire WC, it certainly makes it feel like a single WC. Our first WC on Princess only had 25% on for the entire cruise, so was a series of B2B's.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Thanks - with 90% joining for the entire WC, it certainly makes it feel like a single WC. Our first WC on Princess only had 25% on for the entire cruise, so was a series of B2B's.

The GWC is a winter home for many every year. (Some only do alternate years or specific itinerary- Africa or Europe- ) A few have been known to stay on the ship for most of the year. Prior to shutdown most of the cabins were sold so segments were used for fill ins. Segments are more available now it seems. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, REOVA said:

The GWC is a winter home for many every year. (Some only do alternate years or specific itinerary- Africa or Europe- ) A few have been known to stay on the ship for most of the year. Prior to shutdown most of the cabins were sold so segments were used for fill ins. Segments are more available now it seems. 

Even one's living in Florida.😀

• Haha 2