Princess Best Price Guarantee

lilyhammer

Hi, I'm looking to book my first Princess cruise and I noticed that Princess has a price guarantee, but it shows that this is only for the first 72 hours after booking. Does this mean that they do not re-price for price drops before final payment like other lines? Or is there some fine print where any sales that happen before now and final payment are only for new bookings? I'm wondering if I should book now or wait a little. I'm looking to book a 2025 cruise, if that helps.

32 minutes ago, lilyhammer said:

Hi, I'm looking to book my first Princess cruise and I noticed that Princess has a price guarantee, but it shows that this is only for the first 72 hours after booking. Does this mean that they do not re-price for price drops before final payment like other lines? Or is there some fine print where any sales that happen before now and final payment are only for new bookings? I'm wondering if I should book now or wait a little. I'm looking to book a 2025 cruise, if that helps.

You can definitely get price drops but they claim that won’t be happening … the best price you will get is early on in the booking cycle.  Who knows?  That may change by 2025.  
I recently had a cruise refared as it saved me a couple hundred of dollars + and only lost $100 in OBC.  Still worth it to me to make that change.  

• Like 2

The key is to only book a refundable deposit…that way you can refare (easiest, but sometimes not available on certain bookings) or just cancel and rebook…I usually do this 2-3 times for each cruise.  Refundable deposits usually cost more, but are definitely worth it unless it is a last minute cruise!

Thank you, it looks like the standard fare princess is offering is refundable. It's such a breath of fresh air as other lines hide it in the fine print that its nonrefundable and make you jump through hoops to get a refundable fare quote.

I just re-fared last week so it definitely can be done!

My understanding of the price guarantee is that it's kind of useless. It only is there if you book a cruise and the next day (or two) there is a sale and you have a non-refundable deposit.

I guess it's nice if you don't have a refundable deposit but what are the chances that the sale will be within the 72-hour window? Slim, I'm thinking. It would be better to just book with a refundable deposit so you can refare any time you need to IMO.

We made our first Princess booking today.  How do we know if we have a refundable deposit?  When I read the cancellation terms prior to booking, it looked like it is refundable, but this is what our confirmation shows... Does this mean the penalty of $250 pp is on/after April 15th?  🙂 Will appreciate any tips on Princess, as we have been on 43 cruises but never on Princess... It feels like we are "cruis rookies" again with this learning curve.

Screenshot2023-12-28at6_41_18PM.thumb.png.0ee2524b2509cc79118e232882730bc7.png