Embarkation lunch options

mare s.

12 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

As a bonus, the elevators by the MDR  on embark day are MUCH less crowded that those  at the gangway.

It’s been my experience that the elevators by the MDR (aft elevators) are much slower - not because of the number of people but because usually a couple are being used for the luggage on embarkation day.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crew News said:

A big plate of nachos from the Taco Bar is a great and uncrowded way to start a cruise.  FWIW just a few feet away at the Spa entrance is a podium to make Specialty Restaurant reservations

Can one make MDR reservations at that podium also?  My guarantee does not allow choice until embarkation 

22 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Can one make MDR reservations at that podium also?  My guarantee does not allow choice until embarkation 

Maybe - on this cruise I'm currently on (K'dam), I did all my PG lunches (including NY Day brunch) and dinners, but they sent me to MDR deck 2 for dinner reservations.

Last month on NS, I was able to make MDR reservations at the podium, so it varies per ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/26/2023 at 11:18 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

In case you haven't used the app to order from the Dive In or NY Pizza, it's pretty easy and works very well. Definitely worth doing.

I wish I could use the app.. to order food.  Unfortunately, I am unable  to download  the app. on my old Samsung J7 cell  phone.  I tried through  Google Play Store.  I have no problem downloading and using any other app.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

I wish I could use the app.. to order food.  Unfortunately, I am unable  to download  the app. on my old Samsung J7 cell  phone.  I tried through  Google Play Store.  I have no problem downloading and using any other app.

Yes, I've heard that it only works on Samsung phones beginning with a certain model. We got fairly new ones a couple of years ago in preparation for Alaska cruise pictures. But I was one of the few people on our excursion in Fairbanks to get great pictures and videos of the Aurora Borealis! So, it was definitely worth it for me.

Edited by YourWorldWithBill
  • Like 1