Basic Celebrity cruise questions - first timers!

Hilaurennn

While there are snacks available for sale (chips, etc.) they are very expensive. The shops onboard will have things you might forget (toothpaste, deodorant, antacids, etc.) , they will cost at least twice what they do onshore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Difiroa676 said:

Is it allowed for children to wear shorts while dining in the MDR?

Don't know.   But why not teach them early to respect the room and wear nice pants to dinner? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2023 at 1:21 AM, upwarduk said:

Maximum weight p.p is 90kg as per the web site.

The maximum luggage allowance for guests boarding our ships is 200lbs (90kg) per guest, (with the exception of Celebrity Flora, Celebrity Xpedition, Celebrity Xperience and Celebrity Xploration), however, airlines also impose their own luggage allowance, with which you must also comply.

Yes, husband and I can only take 20kg each as we will be flying from Melbourne to Sydney to meet the Edge in November. Not many ships depart from our home town.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, Hilaurennn said:

4. Can you take non alcoholic drinks and snacks with you? 

I assume that when you say snacks you mean things such as processed nuts or chips or chocolate in factory sealed bags, which I have never been stopped bringing aboard.  I once tried to bring a lemon onboard and that was confiscated.  

Non-alcoholic beverages are supposed to be in the luggage you carry on-board and NOT supposed to be in checked luggage.  I think there might be size and weight limits for carry-ons since they go through the security X-ray scanners.

You didn't ask however if departing from a US port (I don't know the rules for other countries) each adult can bring a bottle of wine (750ml) for consumption in their cabin, various people talk about pouring a glass of wine and carrying it around the ship with them however I think that is technically against the rules unless you pay a corkage fee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I assume that when you say snacks you mean things such as processed nuts or chips or chocolate in factory sealed bags, which I have never been stopped bringing aboard.  I once tried to bring a lemon onboard and that was confiscated.  

Non-alcoholic beverages are supposed to be in the luggage you carry on-board and NOT supposed to be in checked luggage.  I think there might be size and weight limits for carry-ons since they go through the security X-ray scanners.

Fruits and vegetables are not even supposed to be carried across state lines, let alone borders.

Sodas and waters can be brought on board. I've heard of people putting a luggage tag on a box of sodas and getting it delivered to their room. 

28 minutes ago, CruisingGator96 said:

We are going on our first Celebrity Cruise in March. Question: In the MDR can you wear shorts at breakfast and lunch or are slacks required for all meals?

I don’t think they would stop anyone wearing nice shorts and a tshirt.

Thanks for all of these answers! I have yet another question! 

On the stops where I don't want to book a full excursion, does celebrity tend to put on a shuttle bus to the town centre? For example, we are stopping at Stockholm- we are 15 minutes away from the town. There are excursions we can do but we want to explore on our own. Is it up to us to find our own way to the centre or do they tend to offer a bus for those who would like to do this?

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, CruisingGator96 said:

We are going on our first Celebrity Cruise in March. Question: In the MDR can you wear shorts at breakfast and lunch or are slacks required for all meals?

The Smart Casual dress code for MDR and other restaurants only applies in the evening.  Shorts are ok during the day. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

5 hours ago, Hilaurennn said:

Thanks for all of these answers! I have yet another question! 

On the stops where I don't want to book a full excursion, does celebrity tend to put on a shuttle bus to the town centre? For example, we are stopping at Stockholm- we are 15 minutes away from the town. There are excursions we can do but we want to explore on our own. Is it up to us to find our own way to the centre or do they tend to offer a bus for those who would like to do this?

Thanks! 

Ships usually put on a shuttle bus if the walk to town is too long.  Charge is usually $15-20 pp.  There are also taxis available, and there may be a local bus.

• 4 weeks later...

could someone please point me in the right direction? I want to find official verbiage as to what non-alcoholic drinks we are allowed to bring with us and how many (per party/per person).

Thank you! I looked on X website, but didn't find it.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, upwarduk said:

Maximum weight p.p is 90kg as per the web site.

The maximum luggage allowance for guests boarding our ships is 200lbs (90kg) per guest, (with the exception of Celebrity Flora, Celebrity Xpedition, Celebrity Xperience and Celebrity Xploration),

What are the luggage limitws for those ships?  We will be on Xploration in May and haven't seen info on luggage weight limits.  Thanks!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

What are the luggage limitws for those ships?  We will be on Xploration in May and haven't seen info on luggage weight limits.  Thanks!

Google works quite well.

• Celebrity Xpedition Class to the Galapagos: 20 kg and one small carry-on (airline policy).

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Google works quite well.

• Celebrity Xpedition Class to the Galapagos: 20 kg and one small carry-on (airline policy).

Thanks, but I wasn't asking about airline policy, I was asking about ship policy.

My airline ticket allows a 23kg checked bag, a 10kg carry on bag and a personal item.

Edited by waterbug123

• 3 weeks later...