Motels near Port Canaveral

SandCVT

My family will be flying into Orlando a day early and will need a motel.  Any suggestions as to how to do this with transportation from the airport.  We don't need the Taj Mahal for just a one day stay.  We will be sailing on the EPIC 2/11 arriving 2/10.  Thanks!

LOTS of info in the Florida Departures forum, where I expect this will be moved - 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

I stayed in the Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral in March.  To get there from MCO I rented a car, which could then be turned in at the rental agency office (Enterprise, National and Alamo have a shared office near the port) where I was then able to board a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The hotels closest to Port Canaveral (less than a mile) that I would recommend are:

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port/Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites

*Towneplace Suites

*Springhill Suites

*Residence Inn

*Country Inn and Suites

If you choose to stay near the airport….here is a list of the popular shuttles for PC

IMG_3254.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hallux said:

LOTS of info in the Florida Departures forum, where I expect this will be moved - 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

I stayed in the Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral in March.  To get there from MCO I rented a car, which could then be turned in at the rental agency office (Enterprise, National and Alamo have a shared office near the port) where I was then able to board a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

We rented from Enterprise at MCO, and then had a nice stay at Best Western Cocoa Beach.  You can walk out on a pier that's close by.  Lots of nice options for restaurants in area.

Just a few miles from there to the rental car drop-off at the port.  As you said, easy free shuttle from rental car agency to the port.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We rented from Enterprise at MCO, and then had a nice stay at Best Western Cocoa Beach.  You can walk out on a pier that's close by.  Lots of nice options for restaurants in area.

Just a few miles from there to the rental car drop-off at the port.  As you said, easy free shuttle from rental car agency to the port.

We are Staying at the Best Western Cocoa Beach next Friday before our cruise on the Escape. 4 Adults and we got the Junior Suite which is ocean front. Believe we got it for around $280. I will let you know how it is with pictures as well as I will start a Live Review the day we arrive in Cocoa Beach. 

• Like 2