FREEPORT/NASSAU BUS SCHEDULE

BCahill315

Happy Wednesday Fellow Cruisers! I am going to Freeport/Nassau on the 6th. I have been there before but I want to mix things up. Does anyone have any information on bus schedules for either destination? I have not has any luck with a google search. We want to take public transportation to...anywhere. There are 7 of us and have 8 hours in each port (provided we are able to get off the ship quickly). Is public transportation safe and reliable? Best places to visit? Where do you get on the bus from at terminal? Has anyone taken the bus before? Where did you go? Was it fun, exciting, informative, awe inspiring? Any information will be greatly appreciated. 

The buses on New Providence Island (where Nassau is) run regularly. Where are you planning on going? There are different bus #’s for different routes. If you just want to go to Saunders Beach, Goodman’s Bay, Cable Beach, Baha Bay, etc you want the #10. The nearest bus stop is on Frederick St just after you cross Bay St. The different bus routes are published, the link is below…

Just tell the driver where you are going (if you have a specific destination) before getting in. The fare is $1.25 ($USD or $BSD), exact change is appreciated.

RT+Dept.Official+Bus+Routes.pdf?MOD=AJPE

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much! Very helpful! I am leaving on the 6th and will be there on the on the 10th. I usually just walk around town but I am thinking its time to wander off the beaten path. 

Edited by BCahill315

2 hours ago, BCahill315 said:

Thank you so much! Very helpful! I am leaving on the 6th and will be there on the on the 10th. I usually just walk around town but I am thinking its time to wander off the beaten path. 

We spent a couple weeks on Cable Beach and took the #10 jitney into town a few times. We also took other jitney routes that went primarily through residential neighborhoods and that was a nice experience. The people are just so nice and very welcoming toward visitors…

• Like 1