Can my son order from kids menu in the steak house?

geovet

My wife and I will turn diamond on our next cruise and we plan to eat in the steak house for the first time. My son (20 yrs old special needs) usually orders from the kids menu in the main dining room. Can he get his chicken nuggets etc in the steak house?

Thanks

Surely I won't be the only one with their mind blown that after all these cruises (Diamond status) this is the first time the OP will be venturing into the steakhouse....just wow! That said, as mentioned above, I'd like to think a quick conversation with the host prior to dinner and everything will be worked out. Good luck and enjoy!

2 hours ago, cruiserbrianj said:

Surely I won't be the only one with their mind blown that after all these cruises (Diamond status) this is the first time the OP will be venturing into the steakhouse....just wow! That said, as mentioned above, I'd like to think a quick conversation with the host prior to dinner and everything will be worked out. Good luck and enjoy!

This wasnt a "wow" to me at all..we are platinum and not he way to diamond but have only been to the steakhouse once and that was because we got a free one. Probably wont be back..not. because it wasn't good, just not a huge steak person ( and cheap )  Oh and for the OP , maybe speak to the special needs dept first and I will bet they can accommodate you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reddfinn said:

What does being diamond have to do with the question? 

Because that means that they've been on quite a few cruises and it is astonishing that they've never done the steak house in all that time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

This wasnt a "wow" to me at all..we are platinum and not he way to diamond but have only been to the steakhouse once and that was because we got a free one. Probably wont be back..not. because it wasn't good, just not a huge steak person ( and cheap )  Oh and for the OP , maybe speak to the special needs dept first and I will bet they can accommodate you

No need, anyone can order from the kids menu in any of the dining rooms for any reason.  They will simply bring a larger portion and the adult price. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

No need, anyone can order from the kids menu in any of the dining rooms for any reason.  They will simply bring a larger portion and the adult price. 

What does " the adult price" mean for an adult size portion of the kids menu? Oh so you are saying that if their specials needs adult son wants chicken nuggets , they will give him a large portion and charge him steak house price? 

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

What does " the adult price" mean for an adult size portion of the kids menu? Oh so you are saying that if their specials needs adult son wants chicken nuggets , they will give him a large portion and charge him steak house price? 

The steakhouse has a per person price, not a by entree price.  Any adult is charged the adult price whether they order the cowboy steak or the chicken fingers off the kid menu.  They will however bring a larger portion for the adult.  If you just ate a starter, you getting charged the per person price,  

On 12/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, grillinchillin said:

The Carnival Steakhouses are very accommodating. If you have a quick conversation with the Host prior to seating, they will take care of your request.

Concur.  OP, I think if you inform the host that your son is special-needs, they'll accommodate you with an exception. 

They will likely bring a child's-size portion for him -- and after all, that's what you'd be paying for -- but if he's used to that from the MDR kids' menu, that should be fine.  

Edited by Pellaz
"OP"

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Concur.  OP, I think if you inform the host that your son is special-needs, they'll accommodate you with an exception. 

They will likely bring a child's-size portion for him -- and after all, that's what you'd be paying for -- but if he's used to that from the MDR kids' menu, that should be fine.  

3 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

In our experience, Carnival is better with special needs than any other cruise line. I’m sure they will allow your son his chicken nuggets. A quiet word with the host should take care of it. 

They will allow any adult to order anything they want off the kids menu.  No special exception is needed.  Anyone in any of the dining rooms, just need to order.

• Like 2