Please explain Cruise Next vs. Cruise First.

retiredyoungLV

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mjasp said:

OMG!!!!  I think I get it now!  But let's see if I really do lol
So if I buy the four $250's I get $500 CNC and pay $500?

It was probably a typo, but that isn’t correct. If you buy four $250’s you get $1,000 CNC and pay $500.

The best way to deal with this is to ignore all the promo stuff that NCL use, don’t talk to the cruise next staff about it and just remember this:

1 CruiseNext (worth $250) costs $150

2 CruiseNext (worth $500) costs $250

3 CruiseNext (worth $750) costs $375

each additional $250 CruiseNext after that costs an additional $125

Thats it. Forget talk of OBC and money to spend. It is a simple discount, nothing more than that.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It was probably a typo, but that isn’t correct. If you buy four $250’s you get $1,000 CNC and pay $500.

The best way to deal with this is to ignore all the promo stuff that NCL use, don’t talk to the cruise next staff about it and just remember this:

Thats it. Forget talk of OBC and money to spend. It is a simple discount, nothing more than that.

Yes, it was a typo.  You have simple terms here, Thank you! Why do they make it so confusing? oh wait, like someone said earlier, so you think you have OBC to spend. lol
Now just one other question, can I use a cruise first and a cruise next on the same reservation?

8 minutes ago, Mjasp said:

Yes, it was a typo.  You have simple terms here, Thank you! Why do they make it so confusing? oh wait, like someone said earlier, so you think you have OBC to spend. lol
Now just one other question, can I use a cruise first and a cruise next on the same reservation?

no, you can't combine the two.  And, as of now, they have never run a double up promo on the cruise first.  But you can buy cruise first in the $500 denomination which is equivalent to 2 cruise next certs

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Oh my goodness thank you, I finally got it, I have been trying to follow this thread for I had the same questions. I used Cruise First for an upcoming cruise this summer that my travel agent told me to get. After she explained that I was like heck yeah free money and I was booking immediately. I never understood the difference and the materials provided by NCL were confusing at best. Your explanation was perfect and I plan to buy CN in June for last minute cruise I intend to buy for the fall (assuming it will still be available for the dates/cabin I want).

If 4 people are cruising in one stateroom, can anyone apply CNC (I would assume, yes, but can't find any discussion of this)?

Or can just Passenger #1 or 2 apply them?

For Free at Sea, only 1st 2 cruisers get Specialty dinners so was wondering if something like that also applies to CNC? Like, maybe 3rd and 4th cruisers don't have same 'privileges'?

17 minutes ago, Katrina1547 said:

If 4 people are cruising in one stateroom, can anyone apply CNC (I would assume, yes, but can't find any discussion of this)?

For Free at Sea, only 1st 2 cruisers get Specialty dinners so was wondering if something like that also applies to CNC? Like, maybe 3rd and 4th cruisers don't have same 'privileges'?

hmmm, good question.  I don't know the answer, but if for any reason they won't let passengers 2, 3, or 4 use the CNC, they can just transfer the cert to passenger 1

18 minutes ago, Katrina1547 said:

Anyone on the booking can have their CruiseNext applied when doing the booking.  I was the third passenger and used one of my CruiseNext credits on a booking a few years ago.

For Free at Sea - the Specialty dinners go ONLY to the first two on the booking.

• Like 1