What are all the Stingray City tour companies that survived the shutdown?

bguppies

Trying to see which excursion companies that do Stingray City survived the Covid shutdown of the island?

Done Stingray Sailing many times and know that they made it through and I've seen some reviews of Captain Marvins so I know they made it. But haven't seen much of anything on any of the other multitudes of companies that used to go there.

Any information about current prices, links, phone numbers would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Crickets......

OK anybody recently used......

Old School excursions....

Moby Dick or Captain Marvin's?

One's I've never heard of before.....

Crystal Charters?

George's Watersports?

Franks Watersports?

Anchor Tours?

Get Bent Charters?

Nick's Charters?

Happy Day Charters?

Any help out there?

Edited by bguppies

You may have to google and try calling companies.  Maybe check TripAdvisor and see if any of the ones you are interested in have recent reviews.

We have our own boat, so we don’t book any excursions and thus wouldn’t have a clue who to use, sorry.  I do know Red Sail is still in operation, because I’ve been in their retail stores recently, and I noticed Captain Marvin’s had people going in and out of their store front when we ate at a restaurant in the same plaza, but that’s about the only ones I feel confident about commenting on.

I can see Stingray City from the backyard, and there are always tons of boats out there on a cruise ship day, so there’s definitely lots of excursion companies still running tours.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, bookbabe said:

You may have to google and try calling companies.  Maybe check TripAdvisor and see if any of the ones you are interested in have recent reviews.

We have our own boat, so we don’t book any excursions and thus wouldn’t have a clue who to use, sorry.  I do know Red Sail is still in operation, because I’ve been in their retail stores recently, and I noticed Captain Marvin’s had people going in and out of their store front when we ate at a restaurant in the same plaza, but that’s about the only ones I feel confident about commenting on.

I can see Stingray City from the backyard, and there are always tons of boats out there on a cruise ship day, so there’s definitely lots of excursion companies still running tours.

Thanks so much...

I've been checking in here, but reviews are so few and seriously far between.

Before the shutdown I used to come in here and find 3-4 reviews of many different companies per day.

Since I started checking back in here since I found out we were going back to GC in February, there has been 1 review of Captain Marvin's in 5 weeks.

No mention at all of any of the other multitude of companies, but I'd assume the shutdown, especially as it took GC a bit longer to restart, killed off, even some of the larger, more reputable companies.

Thank you very much for your help.

It seems most of the cruise information and discusiion has moved over to FB, so I guess I'll have to suck it up and join the evil empire if I want to get up to date information.

Edited by bguppies

Thanks for chiming in...

We booked with Stinfgray Sailing as usual, but after a month its just our group of three pre-booked for that day and I don't think they go out, without at least 10 people.

Hoping with three ships in port, all at 8AM, we can pick up 7 more at the port, but trying to find a reliable backup, just in case.

So your input is very much appreciated.

Nativeway is the only highly recommended company from before the shutdown that I'll never use again.

Edited by bguppies

On 1/14/2024 at 10:31 PM, bguppies said:

Thanks for chiming in...

We booked with Stinfgray Sailing as usual, but after a month its just our group of three pre-booked for that day and I don't think they go out, without at least 10 people.

Hoping with three ships in port, all at 8AM, we can pick up 7 more at the port, but trying to find a reliable backup, just in case.

So your input is very much appreciated.

Nativeway is the only highly recommended company from before the shutdown that I'll never use again.

Hi Beagle guy.   Sorry- I didn't see this sooner. I am not in these forums too often.  I was with Captain Marvin in April- he is busy, active, and still giving a good tour.  I had a friend with me who was absolutely terrified of the rays, and she managed to get into the ocean and stand there and watch them for a few minutes before getting back on the boat.  And his little office is still just kitty corner from the Tender port.  Super easy to get there and wait for your bus.