platinum tier benefit question

jbreitlow

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

You can prebook the latitudes meals in the usual way, but the system doesn’t know about the meals, so will try to charge you any fee required at the time of booking. This makes booking Tepoanyaki an issue as it will require payment when booking.

The way round this is to book the fixed price places (Teppanyaki and Moderno) first so that the system sees you have dining credits available and doesn’t charge you. I assume that it is too late for you to do that now.

We will try to book when we get onboard. We're pretty flexible. Was hoping to be able to use at the Sushi place. My wife is going to call NCL. Thanks for the tip.

3 minutes ago, dshefter said:

We will try to book when we get onboard. We're pretty flexible. Was hoping to be able to use at the Sushi place. My wife is going to call NCL. Thanks for the tip.

You can use the Platinum vouchers at Nama Sushi on the Viva. If my memory is correct, each person can order up to four dishes, which is a lot of food. If there is another specialty dining restaurant that interests you, I would recommend using the voucher toward that other restaurant, and pay a la carte at Nama Sushi because the prices are inexpensive when compared to the other restaurants. 

On 1/7/2024 at 6:50 PM, RADGIRL80 said:

Teppanyaki isn’t possible for the platinum coupon. 

The coupons look the same for all the LATs and are good for any restaurant. Ive always gone to the Teppanyaki at least once for B2B cruises. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:07 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Unless it’s changed recently, you can choose any specialty restaurant, but onthe BA,which has Oceans Blue there was a 12.50/pp charge for dining there.

Never have I ever paid a surcharge to dine at Ocean Blue with FAS or with a Platinum Voucher. Are you sure you didn't order a dish with an upcharge?

1 minute ago, razor7_us said:

Never have I ever paid a surcharge to dine at Ocean Blue with FAS or with a Platinum Voucher. Are you sure you didn't order a dish with an upcharge?

No, I didn’t. But thinking back, I don’t think it was charged on our last cruise, though.  Maybe they dropped it, but I remember it because as they seated us they specifically asked if we were aware of the upcharge.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:56 PM, zackarykeef said:

You don’t get any less. They’re no different than any other meal with a dining package or if you pay to go to a specialty restaurant.

We usually get the P+ package, which includes bottles of wine. We also ask for our complimentary platinum bottle to be given unopened and usually take it home.

@zackarykeef By “complimentary platinum bottle” are you referring to the sparking bottle found in your room at embarkation (or shortly thereafter)?

I was rather pleased to find on our last cruise that NCL changed out its complimentary bottle of fizzy for something that is actually palatable and doesn’t need to be hidden behind OJ!

On 1/8/2024 at 6:26 AM, BirdTravels said:

This is incorrect. 

While some ships may have the old vouchers, latitudes dinner vouchers can be used at any specialty restaurant. They made that change last year. 

You can use the voucher with wine at any restaurant except Palomar,,, which has its own sustainable wine menu. 

On Viva we were able to get a bottle of wine with our Latitudes coupon at Palomar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

There is no envelope.

I guess the envelope is hit or miss.  Our platinum meal tickets and laundry voucher were together inside an envelope on Prima when we sailed her Dec 15-22 2023. 

As long as people know what they have coming in platinum benefits that is the main thing.  

On 1/10/2024 at 10:53 AM, Sugar Magnolia said:

You can use the Platinum vouchers at Nama Sushi on the Viva. If my memory is correct, each person can order up to four dishes, which is a lot of food. If there is another specialty dining restaurant that interests you, I would recommend using the voucher toward that other restaurant, and pay a la carte at Nama Sushi because the prices are inexpensive when compared to the other restaurants. 

Post #188 has a couple of food pics from Nama. We got a free dinner there (order whatever you want, as much as you want) on the Viva and though the food was really bad. We go to sushi on the Breakaway/Getaway and Food Republic on the BA Plus ships and enjoy the food. Nama was pretty poor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

@zackarykeef By “complimentary platinum bottle” are you referring to the sparking bottle found in your room at embarkation (or shortly thereafter)?

I was rather pleased to find on our last cruise that NCL changed out its complimentary bottle of fizzy for something that is actually palatable and doesn’t need to be hidden behind OJ!

They are referring to the bottle of wine that you get with one of the platinum meals, there has been discussion on this thread about taking that bottle away unopened, which many of us do.

The bottle of fizzy something that used to be left of the room was given to all latitudes members. It wasn’t just platinums that were subjected to it.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1

*Recent experience update*

We just got off Viva today. Used the coupon with wine at Cagney’s. We both were able to get the standard 2 starters + main + 2 sides + dessert and weren’t treated like it was any different than the dining plan. They happily gave us our bottle of wine unopened, which we brought home. We used the other coupon at Food Republic, which got us 4 items each. This has always been my experience 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Post #188 has a couple of food pics from Nama. We got a free dinner there (order whatever you want, as much as you want) on the Viva and though the food was really bad. We go to sushi on the Breakaway/Getaway and Food Republic on the BA Plus ships and enjoy the food. Nama was pretty poor. 

That is interesting. I did not like the sushi on the Breakaway or the Getaway but thought the sushi at Nama on the Viva was the freshest. I only ordered sashimi, not the rolls or any of the appetizers. 

7 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

On Viva we were able to get a bottle of wine with our Latitudes coupon at Palomar. 

I also was able to get a bottle of wine with my Latitudes coupon at Palomar... twice on the Prima and most recently on the Viva TA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

*Recent experience update*

We just got off Viva today ... We both were able to get the standard 2 starters + main + 2 sides + dessert and weren’t treated like it was any different than the dining plan. 

This was also my experience using the Latitudes coupon at Cagney's on the Viva. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 4:27 PM, BirdTravels said:

Thanks for the advice. Might try to book teppanyaki. Already have Cagneys, Onda and Palomar booked