platinum tier benefit question

jbreitlow

2 hours ago, WorldTourPrincess said:

Yes it’s two separate dinners.  I recommend redeeming the one with wine first, so if you don’t finish your bottle you can have it at your next dinner!

You can also just ask them not to open the wine, and take it away with you.

Many of us do that, as we have as much wine as we want with meals anyway, but a bottle in your cabin can be very handy for a lazy afternoon on your balcony.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Many of us do that, as we have as much wine as we want with meals anyway, but a bottle in your cabin can be very handy for a lazy afternoon on your balcony.

Yes, that makes perfect sense if you’re on a beverage package.  I never am because I barely drink.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jbreitlow said:

For platinum members the tier benefits state "dinner for 2", as well as "dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine".  I just want to confirm with a platinum member that this is 2 separate "specialty" dinners.

Thanks.

When and where can you redeem the Dinners?  New to Platinum status.. Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

You do have a choice of restaurants...if I remember correctly it is Cagney's or Moderno or LeBistro or LaCucina.  You do have to make reservations as you do with any specialty dinner.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

This sounds like a good option, and one we would definitely like to try.

However, as @chengkp75stated in another recent thread...

"You can walk out with the bottle, if it is opened and partially consumed. The ship is not licensed to sell unopened liquor."

If you've done this in the past, apparently this comes under the heading of YMMV.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

"You can walk out with the bottle, if it is opened and partially consumed. The ship is not licensed to sell unopened liquor."

If you've done this in the past, apparently this comes under the heading of YMMV.

Hmm.  I've done it on every cruise since I became Platinum.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We have carried it out also.  Perhaps it is legal since it is not 'sold' to us🤔

It's a complimentary bottle that comes with our Platinum dinner.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have carried it out also.  Perhaps it is legal since it is not 'sold' to us🤔

It's a complimentary bottle that comes with our Platinum dinner.

Good point. I guess we can try it and the worst that could happen is we'd have to have them open it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

2 hours ago, MS52 said:

You do have a choice of restaurants...if I remember correctly it is Cagney's or Moderno or LeBistro or LaCucina.  You do have to make reservations as you do with any specialty dinner.  

I think they expanded it to all venues.  The description on the website seems to point in that direction.

Note 6 here - https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#tier_benefits

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MS52 said:

2 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

You can redeem at any Specialty restaurant. Reservations open 125 days prior to departure and popular restaurants will sell out quickly. (130 days for suites 125 for club balconies and 120 for standard rooms). 

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Platinum and above also get a free wine tasting and behind the scenes tour. Go to the cruise next desk the day you board to sign up for these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

I've done it on every cruise since I became Platinum.

moi, aussi.

as a solo diner, i routinely do this. every cruise. every time. i either give the wine to my cabin attendant (two bottles, on a back to back) or, sometimes, i take it home. so, while it's true YMMV, MMHNV (my mileage has never varied).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I haven’t been following the other thread, but I think that the person that chengkp is responding to is trying to get an unopened bottle on the POA, which has specific rules due to not leaving US waters.

Regardless, it is something we have done many times, along with all the others who have replied, and I have never seen anyone mention having had any problems in other threads where this is discussed, so we can be quite confident that it is an option with the latitudes wine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I haven’t been following the other thread, but I think that the person that chengkp is responding to is trying to get an unopened bottle on the POA, which has specific rules due to not leaving US waters.

When we were on the POA in 2011, they sold wine packages.  We purchased 6 unopened bottles that were delivered to our cabin.  Perhaps things have changed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

When we were on the POA in 2011, they sold wine packages.  We purchased 6 unopened bottles that were delivered to our cabin.  Perhaps things have changed.

I have not seen the Viva Vino package since the pandemic or shortly after.

After the pandemic, NCL (and all cruise lines) were having severe supply chain issues and the wine cellars were decimated. There were nights when we were down to our 3rd or 4th choice wine. So they were not offering any packages. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, BirdTravels said:

You can redeem at any Specialty restaurant. Reservations open 125 days prior to departure and popular restaurants will sell out quickly. (130 days for suites 125 for club balconies and 120 for standard rooms). 

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

is this sheet left for you in the stateroom?

6 minutes ago, jbreitlow said:

is this sheet left for you in the stateroom?

yes its on the desk with the other papers like the daily , shore excursions tickets , etc