Cruise first $500 are back…

Fredrik

you always retain the value of the $250 you paid for the certificate...  whether or not you get the extra value of the certificate depends on whether you are repricing the same reservation, canceling the reservation or applying the payment to a newly booked reservation. 

if the certificate gets returned to your account, it's typically for the amount you paid... just $250. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the next CRUISEFIRST CREDITS
FREE $250 WITH CRUISEFIRST offer? Planning to take a Europe cruise next year.

52 minutes ago, PC168 said:

Does anyone know when the next CRUISEFIRST CREDITS
FREE $250 WITH CRUISEFIRST offer? Planning to take a Europe cruise next year.

I saw something on another site - but of course I can't find it now.  But it was this month, coming soon, maybe 3/11?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, duggage said:

Has anyone used a cruisefirst cert with a website like directlinecruises (or any other website for that matter)? They mention bonuses, like obc, tied to using cruisenext or a FCC and I'm assuming it's just lingo and cruisefirst may apply, but I thought I would ask here first in case anyone has prior experience. If you've bought the $150 cert does it show in your account as double the value? I know someone said it can work with a TA- just covering bases.

A good travel agent will be able to look up and apply your Cruise First certificates if it is within the terms and conditions. It's just the same as you calling NCL to book. 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 3:09 PM, UKstages said:

you always retain the value of the $250 you paid for the certificate...  whether or not you get the extra value of the certificate depends on whether you are repricing the same reservation, canceling the reservation or applying the payment to a newly booked reservation. 

if the certificate gets returned to your account, it's typically for the amount you paid... just $250. YMMV.

no, this is not true.  If it gets returned to your account, it will be for the full amount including the extra.  In other words, if it's a $500 CF (that you paid $250 for), you get the full $500 cert back to your account.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Too tired to read thru these threads.  Thinking of booking a NCL cruise.  So if I purchase one of these, then I can apply it to my new booking to bring down the amount of my payment?  Or is it applied as an OBC?  How many can I use?  TIA 

6 hours ago, Cannotwaitocruise said:

Too tired to read thru these threads.  Thinking of booking a NCL cruise.  So if I purchase one of these, then I can apply it to my new booking to bring down the amount of my payment?  Or is it applied as an OBC?  How many can I use?  TIA 

You can use one.  Yes, it lowers your payment amount.  Your cruise has to be at least 4 months out from the date you purchase the certificate 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cannotwaitocruise said:

Unlike CruiseNext, only 1 CruiseFirst can be applied to a booking. IMO, the best use of the $500 ($250) CruiseFirst is booking a T1 or Inside cabin, since those rarely get CN Double Up eligibility. 

The CruiseFirst will appear in your account on NCL.com. You can then use it as a deposit for a cruise that's 4 months in the future. I'm not sure if it has to be 6+ days or not for the sailing, but check the terms first.