Cairns and Queensland Recovery from Jasper

gdlamberth

I understand that the residents, businesses, and environment of North Queensland and Cairns have suffered significantly from Cyclone Jasper.  We will be in Cairns late next month (31 Jan-5 Feb) and are interested in status of tourist related operations (Kuranda Railway, Daintree Rainforest, Green Island, GBR dives, Flying Foxes in downtown Cairns, etc.).   Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

4 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

I understand that the residents, businesses, and environment of North Queensland and Cairns have suffered significantly from Cyclone Jasper.  We will be in Cairns late next month (31 Jan-5 Feb) and are interested in status of tourist related operations (Kuranda Railway, Daintree Rainforest, Green Island, GBR dives, Flying Foxes in downtown Cairns, etc.).   Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

From the Kuranda Scenic Railway in red at top of webpage - the railway is not running until February 11th -  Kuranda Scenic Railway

The Daintree - Due to impacts from ex-Tropical Cyclone Jasper, national parks and protected areas in the Daintree area are temporarily closed until further notice - Daintree Rainforest

GRB excursions and Green Island are all operating as normal.

You can contact Cairns Tourist Information Centre through their website or email at info@cairnstouristinformation.com.au 

p

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, possum52 said:

From the Kuranda Scenic Railway in red at top of webpage - the railway is not running until February 11th -  Kuranda Scenic Railway

The Daintree - Due to impacts from ex-Tropical Cyclone Jasper, national parks and protected areas in the Daintree area are temporarily closed until further notice - Daintree Rainforest

GRB excursions and Green Island are all operating as normal.

You can contact Cairns Tourist Information Centre through their website or email at info@cairnstouristinformation.com.au 

p

Thanks for this.I have an American friend visiting that are late February and he has bought tickets for Kuranda. It is for after the 22nd so I will keep my fingers crossed it will open on time. I have sent them the link you posted so they can keep up to date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gdlamberth said:

I already have; but, haven't heard back yet.  

Perhaps the Tourist Information Centre isn't back up running yet after Jasper. Or the centre is extremely busy answering queries. 

Edited by possum52

16 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Perhaps the Tourist Information Centre isn't back up running yet after Jasper. Or the centre is extremely busy answering queries. 

With the holidays and all, I'm not even expecting a response until middle/end of next week.

• Like 1