Taking booze off ship

arealcheapskate

6 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

Apparently there is an unlimited laundry benefit too.

on a B2B as megas, i think we saved up our actual laundry to just do once per leg, but we DEFINITELY took advantage of pressing/dry cleaning every day.  don't worry about bringing wrinkle free clothes or wrinkle release spray!

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Just as an update to this we ended up getting a total of 43 bottles between us for a 5 night cruise. 

Our RA was totally onboard and ended up restocking us twice a day and moved up to the litre spirit bottles. We have been handing them out like party favours when we go to dinners etc. Those little bottled old fashioned things are great too because they were $15 each and they just hand them over to you at the bar. 

No customs / or duties since it was domestic.

At the restaraunts we would use our 2 bottles per night and share with the table next to us and leave the bottle with whoever it was and they always appreciated. No real limits on the number of drinks. 

Edited by arealcheapskate
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

Just as an update to this we ended up getting a total of 43 bottles between us for a 5 night cruise. 

Our RA was totally onboard and ended up restocking us twice a day and moved up to the litre spirit bottles. We have been handing them out like party favours when we go to dinners etc. Those little bottled old fashioned things are great too because they were $15 each and they just hand them over to you at the bar. 

At the restaraunts we would use our 2 bottles per night and share with the table next to us and leave the bottle with whoever it was and they always appreciated. No real limits on the number of drinks. 

I'm going to say what others may/may not be thinking, but this is the type of thing that makes the MRS suites go up in cost...just a thought.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

🤣 good thing. I could see the looks on the faces of the security team as your parcel passed through a scanner. 😲  " crickey ! this top ender is in need of some serious therapy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

I'm going to say what others may/may not be thinking, but this is the type of thing that makes the MRS suites go up in cost...just a thought.

Perhaps - but for every one of us there are probably 5 rooms that don't drink anything. TBH I think the regular rooms are probably worse for revenue compared to a regular cruise line - I saw plenty of people not drinking anything except soda. It seems about 10-20% of the ship did about 75% of the drinking. 

4 hours ago, arealcheapskate said:

Perhaps - but for every one of us there are probably 5 rooms that don't drink anything. TBH I think the regular rooms are probably worse for revenue compared to a regular cruise line - I saw plenty of people not drinking anything except soda. It seems about 10-20% of the ship did about 75% of the drinking. 

Which means that taking that many bottles off really puts a hit on the profit margin...it also might help inspire a change in the policy...food for thought.

5 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Which means that taking that many bottles off really puts a hit on the profit margin...it also might help inspire a change in the policy...food for thought.

Why should anyone change their behaviour based on what a company may or may not do in the future? It's not a charity, it's a cruiseline. 

Their ongoing viability as a company does not concern me - that is for their accountants to sort out. 

No, I'm referring to what you may find the next time (if you go again) as a MRS...kind of like "this is why we can't have nice things" because people take it to extremes.total of 43 bottles between us for a 5 night cruise. 

Just now, jwattle said:

No, I'm referring to what you may find the next time (if you go again) as a MRS...kind of like "this is why we can't have nice things" because people take it to extremes.total of 43 bottles between us for a 5 night cruise.

Fair enough, sorry I misinterpreted. 

Although the RA did tell us when they have a party cruise with lots of young people in those suites, they have had to replace the entire bar in litre quantities twice a day. I reckon with the prices we paid for the Massive Suite we more than made up for a difference. Probably the reason the rockstar suites only get a single fill compared to the MRS. 

43 sounds like a lot but most are half bottles so like 375ml and towards the back half of the cruise they brought us litre bottles. 

• Like 1