Restaurant Manager - Chandra Muttan

Executive Chef - Alok Kumar

Beverage Manager - Eleanore Rueda

Cruise Next Manager - Rajko Irving

Internet Cafe Manager - Alejandra Monterroso

Shore Excursion Manager - Alain Duenas

Haven Concierge - Alex Nikolic

Epic as of 1/28/24

I did not post sooner because I was waiting for F&B to arrive on Day 4. He will now arrive for the next cruise.

Nenad Maric, GM
Veronica Manabat, Ass't GM

No F&B this week

Beancka Alexander, Cruise Director
Cesar Benedit, Exec Housekeeper
Petrus Emilaire, Beverage Manager
Denny Virnodkar, Guest Serv Manager
Jissmon Panachepilly, Exec Chef
Dino Hadzimahovic, Rest Manager

Sammie Davidson, Cruise next Manager -She will be leaving 2/4

Azarudeen Abdul, Concierge - He will be leaving 2/11

I never mentioned the captain. It is Captain Rune. However, he will be leaving 2/11

Just saw on another social media website that Staff Captain Robert Hammerin has recently been promoted to Captain.

That makes TWO NCL Captains in the Hammerin family.  Robert's father is Gunner Hammerin.

WOW!!  Congratulations to both of you.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, www3traveler said:

Just saw on another social media website that Staff Captain Robert Hammerin has recently been promoted to Captain.

That makes TWO NCL Captains in the Hammerin family.  Robert's father is Gunner Hammerin.

WOW!!  Congratulations to both of you.

A great congratulations indeed for Robert (great guy... as is his father!) but Captain Gunnar hasn't been with the company since June 2022. He is happily enjoying his retirement. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 4:40 PM, cruiservictor said:

Norwegian Getaway - cruise of 1/27/24

Captain - Luigi De Angelis

General Manager - Mario Markovic

i was on the 1/27 sailing as well. this data was true for that sailing, but mario started extended leave today, 2/6, at the conclusion of the 1/27 sailing. i do not know who has replaced him or if it will be just on an interim basis.

one thing is for certain, however: it's a very sad day for fans of nintendo video games.

the getaway will no longer have mario and luigi at the helm!

Edited by UKstages

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

i was on the 1/27 sailing as well. this data was true for that sailing, but mario started extended leave today, 2/6, at the conclusion of the 1/27 sailing. i do not know who has replaced him or if it will be just on an interim basis.

one thing is for certain, however: it's a very sad day for fans of nintendo video games.

the getaway will no longer have mario and luigi at the helm!

You know, the Captain made several references to no longer having Luigi and Mario onboard. But not having children and not being young any more, I had no idea what he was referring to. Thanks for clearing that up. 

We are also on the 2/6 sailing. I will post the officer updates soon. 

Mario will be back on 4/7, he said. We said farewell to him yesterday. 

IMG_0899.thumb.jpeg.c96d2aa279a4b9890d5d1dab3f2fcc93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:57 PM, itsnotjustme said:

When I plan a cruise, the last thing I am thinking is "I wonder who the Captain and Cruise Director are on this cruise?"

Clearly this is important to some of you.  How do you use the information?  

On 1/27/2024 at 4:57 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Not a huge deal breaker, but if you see a familiar name or face that you've had good experiences with in the past, it's a sigh of relief to know your trip will have a better chance of being extra good. I don't put too much clout into the officers so much as some of the bartenders. We each have our own priorities. But if I see a name I remember it gets me more excited knowing we'll have a blast rather than having a 'break in' period for a newer name that doesn't know how we like to party yet.

There are several officers we know from previous cruises who go out of their way to make our cruise feel special.  It's also great fun to meet someone new who can be added to our list of special people.  We truly enjoy getting to know the folks with whom we do business, whether it's a bank officer, an executive at one of my company's vendors, or one of the senior officers on a cruise ship.  Over more than a decade of sailing with NCL, we have had the opportunity to have dinner with 34 different officers.  Some of these dinners were with a group of several couples and one or two officers, but many times, especially recently, it has been just one or two officers, my wife, and me, usually in one of the specialty restaurants.  So, not only is there an opportunity for us to really get to know someone from the ship, we usually get treated to an additional specialty restaurant dinner on each cruise.  That's a few of the reasons we like to know which officers will be on board our sailings.

So, anyone know who the senior officers on the Pearl will be toward the end of this month?

3 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

There are several officers we know from previous cruises who go out of their way to make our cruise feel special.  It's also great fun to meet someone new who can be added to our list of special people.  We truly enjoy getting to know the folks with whom we do business, whether it's a bank officer, an executive at one of my company's vendors, or one of the senior officers on a cruise ship.  Over more than a decade of sailing with NCL, we have had the opportunity to have dinner with 34 different officers.  Some of these dinners were with a group of several couples and one or two officers, but many times, especially recently, it has been just one or two officers, my wife, and me, usually in one of the specialty restaurants.  So, not only is there an opportunity for us to really get to know someone from the ship, we usually get treated to an additional specialty restaurant dinner on each cruise.  That's a few of the reasons we like to know which officers will be on board our sailings.

So, anyone know who the senior officers on the Pearl will be toward the end of this month?

Other than the Cruise Next Manager- George from Canada, no

• Thanks 1

Epic as of 2/4/24

Captain Rune, who will be leaving 2/11

Nenad Maric, GM

Prejith Sukumaran, F&B

Sammie Davidson, Cruise Next Manager, who will be leaving 2/11

Azarudeen Abdul, Concierge, who will be leaving 2/11. In April, after his vacation, he will be going to Viva

1 hour ago, MikeandMarcia said:

Epic as of 2/4/24

Captain Rune, who will be leaving 2/11

Nenad Maric, GM

Prejith Sukumaran, F&B

Sammie Davidson, Cruise Next Manager, who will be leaving 2/11

Azarudeen Abdul, Concierge, who will be leaving 2/11. In April, after his vacation, he will be going to Viva

Sammie Jo is terrific.  We've sailed with her several times, mostly on the Epic.  Her sister Stephanie is also with NCL Cruise Next.  Stephanie was recently promoted to Manager.  We have sailed with her several times, as well.  Most of the time she was part of the staff, but she was CN Manager for our most recent cruise on the Dawn.  They each are very personable, helpful, and fun to sail with.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:40 PM, cruiservictor said:

Norwegian Getaway - cruise of 1/27/24

Captain - Luigi De Angelis

Chief Engineer - Oeystein Undrum

Staff Captain - Luksa Stanisic

General Manager - Mario Markovic

Assistant GM - Jose Omier

Food and Beverage Director - Goran Rorbek

Cruise Director - Paquito Fuchs

Guest Service Manager - Ray-An Juan

Executive Housekeeper - Eduardo Thyne

Restaurant Manager - Chandra Muttan

Executive Chef - Alok Kumar

Beverage Manager - Eleanore Rueda

Cruise Next Manager - Rajko Irving

Internet Cafe Manager - Alejandra Monterroso

Shore Excursion Manager - Alain Duenas

Haven Concierge - Alex Nikolic

Just a couple of changes for the 2/6 sailing. 

Mario Markovic went home on vacation and will be back on April 7. 

Goran Rorbek steps up as GM. 
Davor Pikic is back from vacation as F&B Director. 

6 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

Thanks for posting this. I remember Jeffrey when he was a cruise staff member on the Breakaway. Great to see he has made it all the way to CD. 

Met him on the Escape last year and he was the assistant CD, he is supercharged all the time, a good fit for the smaller traditional ships

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:37 PM, cruiservictor said:

Just a couple of changes for the 2/6 sailing. 

Mario Markovic went home on vacation and will be back on April 7. 

Goran Rorbek steps up as GM. 
Davor Pikic is back from vacation as F&B Director. 

One additional change to the Getaway officers today in St. Thomas. Beverage Manager Eleanore went home on vacation and Dindo Ramos, who had been on the Jade, walked down the pier and boarded the Getaway to take over as Beverage Manager. 

Epic as of  2/16/24

Nenad Maric, GM
Prejith Sukumaran, F&B
Stephen Stanbridge, Cruise Next Manager
Roel Gonzales, Concierge

10 hours ago, Landl cruiser said:

Any one have info on the Gem.   Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Joesantos said:

Going back on Gem sooon! Any information especially cruise director?

Enjoyed Jeff Hernandez a few years ago. Wonderful guy.

Just got off the Gem this morning and we are so happy we get to go back on the Gem in about 21 days. 

The cruise director is Emma Dalton.  We were really disappointed in the poor entertainment schedule. Last night on Sunday night and the last night of the 3-day cruise, the piano guy, Davi, who is excellent wasn’t scheduled for his first set until 9:15pm and the band, Upgrade, didn’t have their first set start until 10pm. There were bingo games and Deal or No Deal but not much else scheduled.  

Here is a photo of the officers taken on Saturday. 

IMG_0799.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Just got off the Gem this morning and we are so happy we get to go back on the Gem in about 21 days. 

The cruise director is Emma Dalton.  We were really disappointed in the poor entertainment schedule. Last night on Sunday night and the last night of the 3-day cruise, the piano guy, Davi, who is excellent wasn’t scheduled for his first set until 9:15pm and the band, Upgrade, didn’t have their first set start until 10pm. There were bingo games and Deal or No Deal but not much else scheduled.  

IMG_0799.jpeg

Thank you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

IMG_0799.jpeg

Thanks! Was there a lot of activities like Zumba and live bands with dancing opportunities? 
Thanks in advance..

• Like 1