Excursion waitlists

Toad

If you are trying to book an excursion on HAL, and there are numerous time slots for the same excursion on the same day, should I waitlist on all the time slots or if I waitlist on one will I be offered the others if they come available?

5 minutes ago, highscar said:

Another question.  I waitlisted for a tour. Are you notified when you are accepted to go.  My itinerary implies I’m going but I have not been notified about the charge.  

Are you looking at your itinerary on Navigator or the HAL website?  Because we're waitlisted for a tour and on the Navigator it doesn't mention waitlisted at all (and we've not been charged for the excursion either).  But on the HAL website when I look at my itinerary, it definitely shows "waitlisted".

Another case where Navigator isn't quite right.

5 minutes ago, highscar said:

Another question.  I waitlisted for a tour. Are you notified when you are accepted to go.  My itinerary implies I’m going but I have not been notified about the charge.  

Been waitlisted multiple time over various cruises. Have always received an email telling me the excursion was available. In all cases if I did not respond within a few days (don't remember the exact time limit) my slot would be given to the next person in line. Have lost one excursion due to not being able to get email (was in the middle of the ocean on a repositioning cruise).

34 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

Have always received an email telling me the excursion was available. In all cases if I did not respond within a few days (don't remember the exact time limit) my slot would be given to the next person in line.

I think it's 72 hours or 3 days.

37 minutes ago, highscar said:

In navigator under details ,says already purchased. 

Have you been charged?  What does it say on your HAL website itinerary?  Like I said, my Navigator shows we have it but we haven't been notified, haven't been charged for it, and HAL's website itinerary says we're still waitlisted.  

26 minutes ago, Toad said:

Hoping to bring this back to my original question since I think I’ve been hijacked……

I don't know the answer to your question from personal experience. However, I do have a suggestion. 
If I were you, I would try to waitlist for every departure of the excursion that I was interested in being on, and not try to waitlist for any departures that are outside a timeframe I would like. 

If the system lets me do it, then all well and good. If the system won't allow it, I would know the answer to the question! 
Good luck, and I hope you get on---then clear---the waitlist. 

• Thanks 1

My understanding is you must waitlist all time slots as if they are a different excursion.  As a matter of fact i accidentally waitlisted two time slots for a single excursion Friday.