Sky princess preference for dining room?

cbowls30

First time on sky princess, just wondering which of the three main dining rooms people prefer (if any). I know they all serve the same food but is the decor/layout the same? Thanks 

Just now, cbowls30 said:

First time on sky princess, just wondering which of the three main dining rooms people prefer (if any). I know they all serve the same food but is the decor/layout the same? Thanks 

Slight decor differences. Location difference obviously. Otherwise, same menu, kitchen, service standard and hours. Pick whichever is closest to where you'll be pre-dinner, or try each and pick that way 

Personally, I prefer one of the mid ship dining rooms because usually less motion and vibration. The Deck6 aft dining room is the largest and on some Royal class ships, it is now the designated dining room for breakfast, and sea day lunch and only accessible via stairs from deck 7 aft or aft elevators.

Reserve class will usually remain at mid ship dining room.

Depending on where your stateroom is located may also factor into which dining room is most convenient for you. 

For *any* cruise we typically just hit every MDR on a rotating basis and then throw in a couple of SD reservations somewhere in the mix.  We *usually* travel with another couple (family), so we are not really focused on the decor or location...just good conversation with the family.  You may very well decide that you have a favorite...but how will you know unless you try all 3?

20 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Slight decor differences. Location difference obviously. Otherwise, same menu, kitchen, service standard and hours. Pick whichever is closest to where you'll be pre-dinner, or try each and pick that way 

This.

On the sister Enchanted, after investigating all, I found that I preferred the Aft DR for dinner (forgot the name). It was a bit smaller, definitely quieter and less frantic.

A plus for me, it is just underneath and one stair flight down from the Vista Lounge, pre dinner spot for elite happy hour.  Sip  a cocktail or two, grab one for the road, and easily head downstairs for dinner.