Snorkeling - boat to Blue Channel or West Bay Beach?

AlliShasha

Going on a private tour with Victor Bodden and we want to snorkel after seeing the sloths. From what I’m reading it sounds like our best bet is to just snorkel right off of West Bay beach and get a day pass for Infinity Bay resort. Or should we do the boat to Blue Channel?

Once at West Bay beach you can hire a small boat to take you up to the Blue Channel. Or just have the driver take you to the West End.  There are a number of diver shops that might get you out there.  Your driver will probably have a recommendation, or email Victor for suggestions. I would consider that a better option for snorkeling than West Bay where there is a lot of traffic.  But if you want something besides just snorkeling the Infinity Bay Resort would be a good way to go.

I would start with snorkeling from the beach at West Bay...if after that you need a bit more entertainment, have a chat with one of the guys with boats near Bananarama. They can get you to Blue Channel. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 6:16 PM, AlliShasha said:

Going on a private tour with Victor Bodden and we want to snorkel after seeing the sloths. From what I’m reading it sounds like our best bet is to just snorkel right off of West Bay beach and get a day pass for Infinity Bay resort. Or should we do the boat to Blue Channel?

If you have your own stuff and a wetbag, do as others said and go near bananarama or another resort and arrange to go out.  I personally love Infinity but wouldn't bother with a day pass as the snorkeling will take some time.  And you can always walk down after your snorkeling excursion to Tabyana to snorkel in front of their club if you choose.  

In July we used Roatan Webster tours and customized our tour to include Gumbalimba park plus a snorkeling trip.  They did have a custom option with the sloths plus snorkeling and staying at a beach club.  I would see if your private tour can add this on.

Edited by jean87510