Where to find current primary crew members for a given ship?

spkack

Hello All.  Wondering if there is a listing of the primary crew members (e.g. Captain, Hotel Manager, Cruise Director, etc.) for the "Dam" ships somewhere?  I've been looking for a while and didn't see anything obvious.  Right now we are specifically interested int he Eurodam, but would be nice to be able to see the information for any future cruises as well.  Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide!

5 hours ago, spkack said:

Hello All.  Wondering if there is a listing of the primary crew members (e.g. Captain, Hotel Manager, Cruise Director, etc.) for the "Dam" ships somewhere?  I've been looking for a while and didn't see anything obvious.  Right now we are specifically interested int he Eurodam, but would be nice to be able to see the information for any future cruises as well.  Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide!

Current Captain on Eurodam is Captain Bly.🏴‍☠️

He is scheduled to be relieved soon by Captain Hook 🪝.

Only kidding, hope you have a great cruise 🚢.

• Haha 4

LOL - love the humor.  Thank you everyone.  Wasn't sure if it was available but certainly understand HAL not wanting it out there.  Happy New Year!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bill B said:

I don't understand why people want to know who the captain is. Would you cancel your cruise if it's not the right one?

The Captain is the Master of the Ship.  The person responsible for making important decisions about your voyage.  You may have sailed with the Captain on a previous voyage.  

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Bill B said:

I don't understand why people want to know who the captain is. Would you cancel your cruise if it's not the right one?

Not at all.  For us it's a touchpoint.  We sail often enough that we cross paths with some of the same crew, and seeing a familiar face and having the touchpoint makes the experience that much nicer for us.  There's also a bit of a selfish reason - if we had a poor dining or hotel experience and were unable to resolve it onboard, we tend to avoid sailings with the same managers from those departments if we can.  But we don't always know who they managers are until we are on board.  We also get quite a charge when one of the crew remembers us from a past cruise and welcomes us by name.  Believe it or not this does happen fairly frequently.  They must see thousands of people over the year - I don't know how they have such good memories! 

Edited by spkack
Added additional content

8 minutes ago, spkack said:

Not at all.  For us it's a touchpoint.  We sail often enough that we cross paths with some of the same crew, and seeing a familiar face and having the touchpoint makes the experience that much nicer for us.  There's also a bit of a selfish reason - if we had a poor dining or hotel experience and were unable to resolve it onboard, we tend to avoid sailings with the same managers from those departments if we can.  But we don't always know who they managers are until we are on board.  We also get quite a charge when one of the crew remembers us from a past cruise and welcomes us by name.  Believe it or not this does happen fairly frequently.  They must see thousands of people over the year - I don't know how they have such good memories! 

Aloha. Many crew have excellent memories and the same is true for airlines, hotels, restaurants. That said they do have photos of top guests and suite guests, high rollers etc which staff members are encouraged to memorize and remember so the guest feels extra special. We are blessed to divide our time between NY and Honolulu and enjoy a particular hotel in Hawaii for little staycations.  The staff wears little earbuds and regularly communicate who is walking in, walking around etc so the name is mentioned.  Interesting level of service.

• Like 1