OBC

When (and where) does the OBC from Seabourn and the TA show up in my account?  I made final payment and was able to book the Solis restaurant for 4 days.  Most of the first week was already gone, but I don't see my OBC balances.  Just curious as to whether those won't show up until I'm onboard.

2 hours ago, babydrum said:

Just curious as to whether those won't show up until I'm onboard.

My experience is that your travel agent should be able to confirm all the OBC you are due before your sailing, but Seabourn may not be able to.  I would try to get it in writing from your TA unless you booked directly with Seabourn.  For example, we usually get the AMEX Platinum OBC and it tends not to show up until you are onboard (or sometimes second day), likewise for travel agency provided credits.  Some are not combinable, which is why your TA should sort this out (for example, we recently found that AMEX OBC and Seabourn referral OBC cannot be used together).   FWIW, Seabourn referral credits seem to get posted and are visible ahead of the cruise, like other Seabourn provided OBC.  

Others probably know more, but it seems like the non-Seabourn OBC gets processed right before the sailing and by the staff working at Seabourn Square (on the last cruise we had an OBC issue, and the person at the Square said that they were the person who processed all the AMEX credits).  

4 hours ago, babydrum said:

When (and where) does the OBC from Seabourn

On my invoice under guest information I can see as the last entry any Seabourn OBC. What I get from my TA is on a seperate email which I keep to show Seabourn if it doesn't show up when on board. I think that only happened once and my TA sorted it out with Seabourn.

I have both TA credit and Seabourn credit for a cruise starting Jan 7.  The credit from my TA showed up in the Source App for me about a week ago.  A little strange but it shows up in the Plan section under My itinerary.  First day of the cruise there are 6 separate entries for Gift - $250 shipboard credit.  May depend on how the TA handles it but that is how mine is reflected.

I also have a $600 Seabourn credit coming but I can't find that yet anywhere.  Perhaps will show up once I am onboard.

42 minutes ago, bilbobill said:

I also have a $600 Seabourn credit coming but I can't find that yet anywhere.  Perhaps will show up once I am onboard.

our seabourn credit showed up once onboard

nancy

All I can say is take the documentation with you.  We had a $2,000 Seabourn OBC ($1,000 per passenger) at booking but it showed up as $1,000 in total when we got on the ship.  The first thing they asked for was paperwork showing the $2,000 credit which I had on my phone so I emailed it to the Seabourn Square rep.  It was fixed overnight as promised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng75370 said:

My experience is that your travel agent should be able to confirm all the OBC you are due before your sailing, but Seabourn may not be able to.  I would try to get it in writing from your TA unless you booked directly with Seabourn.  For example, we usually get the AMEX Platinum OBC and it tends not to show up until you are onboard (or sometimes second day), likewise for travel agency provided credits.  Some are not combinable, which is why your TA should sort this out (for example, we recently found that AMEX OBC and Seabourn referral OBC cannot be used together).   FWIW, Seabourn referral credits seem to get posted and are visible ahead of the cruise, like other Seabourn provided OBC.  

Others probably know more, but it seems like the non-Seabourn OBC gets processed right before the sailing and by the staff working at Seabourn Square (on the last cruise we had an OBC issue, and the person at the Square said that they were the person who processed all the AMEX credits).  

My credits are all showing on the invoice so I'll bring that with me if it doesn't show up when we board.  Thanks.