Best Havana or Serenity pool?

Howdy!

I'm trying to decide which ship to travel on next.  I'm an introvert so less busy/populated places are important to me.  I can't afford and Excel suite, so I'm wondering which ships have the best Havana or Serenity pools.

Thank you!

Michelle

The Serenity pool on Mardi Gras was very busy when I sailed on it in March. Late afternoon/early evening it was less busy however. 

I didn't stay in Havana on Mardi Gras, but on Horizon it was never really busy. Small crowd, quiet. My favorite area on the Vista Class.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mdin said:

The Serenity pool on Mardi Gras was very busy when I sailed on it in March. Late afternoon/early evening it was less busy however. 

I didn't stay in Havana on Mardi Gras, but on Horizon it was never really busy. Small crowd, quiet. My favorite area on the Vista Class.

we had a havana balcony on the Celebration and Horizon. I wouldn't do it again on Excel class but on Vista class, sign me up.

• Thanks 1

Op, the way I read your question is specifically on the excel (Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee) class of ship.  It makes a difference as others have alluded to by the class of ship.  In regards to your wanting to be around fewer people pool wise, Havana is a the clear winner in any class.  As others mentioned, Vista class Havana pool area is the better of Havana areas.  Lastly, on Excel class ships, Loft 19 (for pay unless you are in an Excel suite) is by far the best option.  You will have no more than 20 or so people around the pool, but that comes with a price.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Op, the way I read your question is specifically on the excel (Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee) class of ship.  It makes a difference as others have alluded to by the class of ship.  In regards to your wanting to be around fewer people pool wise, Havana is a the clear winner in any class.  As others mentioned, Vista class Havana pool area is the better of Havana areas.  Lastly, on Excel class ships, Loft 19 (for pay unless you are in an Excel suite) is by far the best option.  You will have no more than 20 or so people around the pool, but that comes with a price.

Can you have an inside cabin and pay extra to use Havana pool?

3 minutes ago, mschancey said:

Can you have an inside cabin and pay extra to use Havana pool?

You can only use the havana pool if you book a havana cabin.  This is controlled by wrist bands and attendants who work in the area.  Most are balconies but there are a few inside, sure they go quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You can only use the havana pool if you book a havana cabin.  This is controlled by wrist bands and attendants who work in the area.  Most are balconies but there are a few inside, sure they go quickly.

Thanks. Better keep quiet. Could be another income stream for Carnival.

• Haha 1

Just now, mschancey said:

LOL, they are well aware of it.  There is little chance of them allowing others into the area.  The Havana concept has been a flat out home run for Carnival.  Somewhat subdued with the change in location on the Wxcel class and smaller pool.

The Serenity areas on the Spirit class ships are the entire back pool area.

On Vista class ships the Serenity area only has hot tubs.

The Excel ships have a pool in their Serenity area but it is quite small, and the Serenity area is crazy windy when the ship is moving, not my favorite. 

• Thanks 1

At first, everyone was allowed in the Havana area at certain hours then it switched over to be exclusive. That didn't last. If the Havana area is no longer exclusive then it really loses its reason for being and they might as well get rid of the little fences around it.

I have done both a Havana Cabana and Havana Interior on the Vista and Panorama.  I prefer to save the money and book the Havana interior since the Havana area offers a large area to sit and enjoy outside.  The pool and hot tubs are not crowded at all.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mschancey said:

If they ever started doing that I'm sure some people would not pay extra to book the cabana cabins if it's going to make it more crowded. It was already packed on the Celebration last year when we went. Couldn't even get a lounger one day.

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You also have access if you are in a Grand Suite.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

we had a havana balcony on the Celebration and Horizon. I wouldn't do it again on Excel class but on Vista class, sign me up.

That jives with a review I read that said Carnival focused so hard on the Excel areas that the Haven seemed like an afterthought.

1 minute ago, Karmachelle said:

That jives with a review I read that said Carnival focused so hard on the Excel areas that the Haven seemed like an afterthought.

That would be wrong.  I had several conversations with senior US management on this very subject.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You're right; I should have mentioned that I'm looking at Excel Class AND Vista Class.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

A slight correction here, the Grand Suite also comes with Havana access.  It is the ONLY cabin type outside the Havana cabins that they allow to do that.

1 minute ago, Karmachelle said:

You're right; I should have mentioned that I'm looking at Excel Class AND Vista Class.  Thanks for the info!

Happy to help.  As I mentioned these are one of our go to cabin choices.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Karmachelle said:

A slight correction here, the Grand Suite also comes with Havana access.  It is the ONLY cabin type outside the Havana cabins that they allow to do that.

Yup

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That would be wrong.  I had several conversations with senior US management on this very subject.

Can you elaborate?  What did these conversations say?