groups that will be on our cruise?

22 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

January update will post this week!

Any idea what the continuing education group is on the Nieuw Statendam Feb 11 sailing?  Just trying to figure out if we should make alternate dining arrangements if the group is large.

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Any idea what the continuing education group is on the Nieuw Statendam Feb 11 sailing?  Just trying to figure out if we should make alternate dining arrangements if the group is large.

Hi,

That one is no longer on their website, probably too close to sailing.

Here are details of a similar cruise on NSDM on February 25th.  I doubt that they are that large as there is a lot of classroom time.

https://www.continuingeducation.net/coursedescription.php?topic=Gastroenterology-University-Learning-Systems-Caribbean-CME-Cruise-Conference-February-2024

57 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

51 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Hi,

That one is no longer on their website, probably too close to sailing.

Here are details of a similar cruise on NSDM on February 25th.  I doubt that they are that large as there is a lot of classroom time.

https://www.continuingeducation.net/coursedescription.php?topic=Gastroenterology-University-Learning-Systems-Caribbean-CME-Cruise-Conference-February-2024

CME is Continuing Medical Eduction.  DD DH went to a lot of their conferences (not on a cruise though).  they can have large turnouts - I’m not sure how many this specialty would attract.  

I suspect anyone with a main fixed dining time should not be negatively impacted.

If the group is large, their “classroom” will most likely be in the show room which is unused by the passengers for the most part during the day.  ( In my “olden” days I won a number of cruises with my employer and of course, we had conferences on board - so I am drawing from that.  We had little impact on the other passengers despite the size of our group).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2