Mardi Gras cruise for superbowl

I can't really answer your question but we are booked on this cruise.  We embark on Lunar New Year, the next day is Super Bowl Sunday (at sea) and two days later on Tuesday is the actual date of Mardi Gras.  No shortage of things to celebrate on this cruise but I have no idea if they plan to do anything special.  Hopefully, people who have been aboard in previous years can give more information.

We love MG and the football watching area is great!  We have done it in the past on several ships (including our honeymoon on RCCL 21 yrs ago) and they typically made it like a giant tailgate for both teams playing.  For us it was a lot of fun and great memories!  

I did a super bowl cruise on a ship about 5 years ago. It was playing on every major screen (including lido and theater) and extra snacks were out. It was a fun experience. My biggest complaint is that the Super Bowl commercials weren't there. Since it was an "international feed," you literally saw the same 5 commercials every break. Although, the commercials are just political statements anymore, so I wouldn't mind as much today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 9:44 PM, Lovetocruisefar said:

Hello all. Would this be a good cruise to go on for the superbowl? Its a group of at least 6 of us. Thanks everybody in advance.

We will actually be on this sailing, I did a super bowl cruise back when the Sunshine was the Destiny and it was a blast. 29 more days until the Mardi Gras and my husband and I can't wait, I think you guys would love it!!!

On 1/3/2024 at 9:43 AM, Drazil65 said:

We love MG and the football watching area is great!  We have done it in the past on several ships (including our honeymoon on RCCL 21 yrs ago) and they typically made it like a giant tailgate for both teams playing.  For us it was a lot of fun and great memories!  

Can u be specific please about the football watching area?  The ship is big.

You are correct Mardi Gras is a bigger ship.  The Heroes Lounge on deck 8 (aft) is setup with comfy couches and chairs in an open area right near the bar and the BBQ eating venue.  Lots of table and chairs (not all of the table/chairs will be good viewing for TVs) also setup in this area are the slider doors to aft pool area (lots of foot traffic in the designated walking path to get outside). 

Not going to lie, it gets crowded (and loud) as there is one huge TV screen in middle of wall and a couple/few smaller ones on same wall space to side of bigger one.  Get your spot early for sure but it is a blast and everyone is into it (at least the crowds we were sailing with both times). 

That being said, we have not been on this ship during the Superbowl so I do not know if it will be shown in additional venues around the ship.   

Edited by Drazil65