Benefit from buying from Travel Agent?

I need to purchase travel insurance for an upcoming cruise.  Is there a benefit to purchasing from my travel agent versus you?  If so, what is it?  Thanks.

InsureMyTrip is a travel insurance comparison site.  We offer travelers options when it comes to travel insurance providers and plans.  We do not sell travel insurance direct - so we're able to help you find the right police for your wants and needs, at a price you're comfortable with.  Our customer care tram is also licensed and able to walk you through policies - what is and is not covered.  InsureMyTrip customers also have access to our Anytime Advocates programs - which is designed to save travelers time and money.  They will contact the travel insurance provider directly, on your behalf, to smooth out the claims process and if a claim is denied, the Advocates will work on your behalf to learn why or help with the appeal process.  

To put it simply, a travel agent may be an expert on travel, but InsureMyTrip is the travel insurance expert.  Also, airline, cruise lines, and booking site all offer travel protection of some kind, but that coverage is usually extremely limited and may not cover what you expect it to cover.  So, do your homework.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 5:49 AM, InsureMyTrip said:

InsureMyTrip is a travel insurance comparison site.  We offer travelers options when it comes to travel insurance providers and plans.  We do not sell travel insurance direct - so we're able to help you find the right police for your wants and needs, at a price you're comfortable with.   

I'm not sure I understand exactly what this means.

Could you expand please?

• Like 1

We are a travel insurance comparison site/marketplace.  While we can help you find the right policy for you, and allow you to purchase through our website - you are technically purchasing a policy from the provider.  Similar to travel booking sites.  

On 1/3/2024 at 10:31 AM, moposh said:

I need to purchase travel insurance for an upcoming cruise.  Is there a benefit to purchasing from my travel agent versus you?  If so, what is it?  Thanks.

I have purchased travel insurance from our TA several times. It's a benefit to him as he makes a small commission (no extra charge to me). For us, we have him as a resource to deal with the insurance.

Twice we tried to make small claims, and he has provided us with the instructions as what to do. The first was paid, less a deductible. For the second, we had to wait to see what our other insurance would reimburse before finishing the claim. And when we were reimbursed 100% by our other insurance, we no longer had a claim for anything from the travel insurance. Still he had led us through the process of how to get the claim form.