Azura solo traveller

Lindypops

I am looking at Azura to the canaries in February travelling solo

can anyone help with experiences of solo travelling on Azura

also has anyone got copies of the daily program showing any meetings for solo travellers 

thank you

I travelled solo on Azura pre Covid (been on her twice, but once was with friends). I found the ship absolutely fine but have always found the smaller ships a better experience when travelling alone as you tend to see people again and again. I also found the solo get togethers better attended on Aurora but that may be due to the demographics.

I would go again on her for the right cruise.

I have been solo on Azura 3 times in the past couple of years and am back again in February.   There are solo meetings at 9.30am on sea days in the Glasshouse and every day at around 6 and 7.30pm before dinner in one of the bars (it was Sindhu last time) if you want a table companion.    if you are on a fixed dining table I think you are usually seated with other solo passengers.  There have always been quite a number of solos on the cruises I’ve been on and it is very easy to meet people if you want to.  I’m not quite sure what the previous post is referring to but ear plugs were not required any time I’ve sailed.  

5 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I have been solo on Azura 3 times in the past couple of years and am back again in February.   There are solo meetings at 9.30am on sea days in the Glasshouse and every day at around 6 and 7.30pm before dinner in one of the bars (it was Sindhu last time) if you want a table companion.    if you are on a fixed dining table I think you are usually seated with other solo passengers.  There have always been quite a number of solos on the cruises I’ve been on and it is very easy to meet people if you want to.  I’m not quite sure what the previous post is referring to but ear plugs were not required any time I’ve sailed.  

I've sailed solo on Azura several times, easy to be as social or as solitary as you wish. Tables for solos have been great fun. Go for it.

My first cruise was Solo on the Azura though was a few years ago and was going to cancel it because at that time P&O had there own forum which was full of arrogant people and i didn't want to spend a holiday with these kind of people.

But other's on the forum told me to go and i went and had a fantastic time meeting people and laughing with people i would not normally meet in everyday life.

Didn't meet a single arrogant person and as i said when i came back the other passengers made the cruise so enjoyable as was my first experience of travelling Solo.

So basically saying Go for It.

23 hours ago, Lindypops said:

I am looking at Azura to the canaries in February travelling solo

can anyone help with experiences of solo travelling on Azura

also has anyone got copies of the daily program showing any meetings for solo travellers 

thank you

I was solo on Azura in March! Cabin great! No noise! Met other solos at Sindhu every night then went for dinner! Had a great time!

P&O generally have a daily solo coffee morning meeting.  Other than that they tend to have large solo tables in the MDR. If they still do so that gives you at least a group of people you can touch base with daily. I noticed that some of our diners linked up for the theatre. The coffee morning crowd sometimes formed groups to go ashore of do something together in the day. Some of the diners found they had the same excursions and grouped together.

Regards John

• Haha 1