Getting problems resolved with leadership

We had questions regarding Regent’s advertising for concierge benefits and shipboard credits that could not be resolved because of disputes between customer service and operations.   We brought this matter to the attention of leadership through emails but our efforts to get leadership involved to resolve this dispute went unanswered.  This is very disappointing and quite frankly, not the level of attentiveness that we expect from Regent or that we received in the past prior to its acquisition by NCL.  
Aunteemom

Can you please explain what you mean by "disputes between customer service and operations"? It's hard---for me at least---to understand your issue out of context. Are you saying there was false, or at least misleading, advertising?

Jim

• Like 2

If the customer service approval was in writing, I’d think they would need to honor it, within reason.

Back in the Montague days I’d email Jason directly and he was always responsive and most helpful.  Not sure if that’s still the case with the new regime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

If the customer service approval was in writing, I’d think they would need to honor it, within reason.

Back in the Montague days I’d email Jason directly and he was always responsive and most helpful.  Not sure if that’s still the case with the new regime.

Jason was an example of a great hands on CEO who really cared about his passengers - over the years I have had the pleasure of interacting with him on a number of occasions and every single one left me feeling more positive about Regent and I was truly upset when the change on leadership was announced. Since the reassignments in in the C suite, there has been a very noticeable difference and not for the better. This is not just my opinion, but some high end TAs who specialize in luxury travel. I am quite aware of the financial problems of the parent company, but corporate needs to remember that there is a difference b/w the Norwegian cruise line passenger and the Regent cruise line passenger.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, NYC-London said:

Jason was an example of a great hands on CEO who really cared about his passengers - over the years I have had the pleasure of interacting with him on a number of occasions and every single one left me feeling more positive about Regent and I was truly upset when the change on leadership was announced. Since the reassignments in in the C suite, there has been a very noticeable difference and not for the better. This is not just my opinion, but some high end TAs who specialize in luxury travel. I am quite aware of the financial problems of the parent company, but corporate needs to remember that there is a difference b/w the Norwegian cruise line passenger and the Regent cruise line passenger.

What do you think the differences are between someone who sails on NCL and someone who sails on Regent...and how do you determine who sails exclusively on one or the other (as I assume your comment isn't meant for people who sail both).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

What do you think the differences are between someone who sails on NCL and someone who sails on Regent...

I expect the NCL pax (outside of The Haven) are more tolerant of cold food  (which should be served warm), slow/poor service and “nickel/diming”. Additionally I expect cruisers who avoid the mass market line cruiselines to be more afluent which is often/sometimes positively correlated with the probability of a well educated, interesting conversationalist……

But I could be wrong (and often am….)

Some good points above.

However after all of the add ons with the premium lines (port taxes, service charges/tips, specialty restaurants, shore excursions, and last but not least, drink packages) you come pretty close to what a "bottom of the boat" fare is for Regent. Oh, and I almost forgot above, air fare. 

So are far as we're concerned, Regent is actually a bargain ....

And as a lazy so and so, it's all done for you.......

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I expect the NCL pax (outside of The Haven) are more tolerant of cold food  (which should be served warm), slow/poor service and “nickel/diming”. Additionally I expect cruisers who avoid the mass market line cruiselines to be more afluent which is often/sometimes positively correlated with the probability of a well educated, interesting conversationalist……

I would add RSSC pax prefer less crowds and not waiting for an elevator all the time.  I found the RSSC pax more polite and better mannered  (e.g. ladys first on the elevator, waiting your turn for the elevator vs. closest people pile in) only exceptions I have seen are some chair hogs and people that lose their manners at the breakfast buffet oblivious to others.   

I would compare it to the Ritz/Four Seasons/MO/Waldorff customer expectations vs the Holiday Inn customer.  RSSC customers expect good facilities, amenities and services across the board including air and pre-cruise services.  

Note I would go on NCL (and have pre haven) if I had my grandkids with us but stay in the Haven and my expectations would be lowered.  

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 3:44 PM, PhD-iva said:

Actually I think you are wrong.

Education, intelligence and good behavior is personal and doesn't automaticlly comes with the size of the bank account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, sollan said:

Actually I think you are wrong.

Education, intelligence and good behavior is personal and doesn't automaticlly comes with the size of the bank account.

I agree and I don't think Regent's management should treat people differently just because they are on Regent vs. NCL. However, once you get beyond a certain point of spending, your TA can contact their Account Rep who can move mountains on behalf of a client.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 9:53 AM, Mudhen said:

Some good points above.

However after all of the add ons with the premium lines (port taxes, service charges/tips, specialty restaurants, shore excursions, and last but not least, drink packages) you come pretty close to what a "bottom of the boat" fare is for Regent. Oh, and I almost forgot above, air fare. 

So are far as we're concerned, Regent is actually a bargain ....

And as a lazy so and so, it's all done for you.......

@Mudhen We totally agree.  When we started cruising, we did our due diligence (web searches, TA discussions, spreadsheets, etc.) and came to the same conclusion - at the end of the day, Regent isn't that much more than the other 'premium' lines (if you avail yourself of all the included offerings, that is) so we've been sailing Regent ever since.

But let's not let that secret out, shall we?  😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

@Mudhen We totally agree.  When we started cruising, we did our due diligence (web searches, TA discussions, spreadsheets, etc.) and came to the same conclusion - at the end of the day, Regent isn't that much more than the other 'premium' lines (if you avail yourself of all the included offerings, that is) so we've been sailing Regent ever since.

But let's not let that secret out, shall we?  😛

Too late--here I am, a Celebrity Retreat castoff!  While prices everywhere have gone up, they've absolutely skyrocketed on X, while services/benefits offered have been reduced.  In fact our upcoming Grandeur cruise in a Cat D cabin will be a good bit cheaper (all in) than a similar cruise in a smaller, less luxurious X Sky Suite.  We've tried SilverSea to keep it in the RCL family, but now we're branching out to RSSC.  Hello, everybody!  🥂

• Like 7

NCL is a mass market cruise line and advertised as such. RSSC is advertised as a 5 star cruise line and FDR Jr. needs to remember that. Money is fungible.

• Like 2