Closest hotel to Cape Liberty

We leaving Sunday on the Anthem from Cape Liberty this Sunday. We live in Morris County so we expect a direct hit. We're thinking of being dropped off on Saturday and then get an Uber or taxi to the port on Sunday morning. Where is the closest hotel. It would have to be handicap accessibile as my wife is a stroke survivor. Thanks in advance for your help.

35 minutes ago, mets123 said:

We leaving Sunday on the Anthem from Cape Liberty this Sunday. We live in Morris County so we expect a direct hit. We're thinking of being dropped off on Saturday and then get an Uber or taxi to the port on Sunday morning. Where is the closest hotel. It would have to be handicap accessibile as my wife is a stroke survivor. Thanks in advance for your help.

No doubt, in an attempt to validate their expertise knowledge, someone will respond with Hudson Plaza Motel located in Bayonne. Ignore that response as Hudson Plaza is an hourly rate motel.

Check hotels in Jersey City for proximity to Cape Liberty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

We leaving Sunday on the Anthem from Cape Liberty this Sunday. We live in Morris County so we expect a direct hit. We're thinking of being dropped off on Saturday and then get an Uber or taxi to the port on Sunday morning. Where is the closest hotel.

As Meadowlander said-- Bayonne is a hotel desert and don't stay at the Hudson Plaza. Personally I would do the Hyatt Jersey City-- there is also a Residence Inn and Canopy nearby that I haven't stayed at. All of them are modern hotels and will be accessible.

Depending on where in Morris County you are coming, and if you wanted to leave the car at home due to the storm, you could also take NJ Transit to Newark Penn Station and spend the night at the attached Doubletree (there is a bridge on the second floor that connects the station to the hotel). From there it wouldn't be a terrible Uber to Cape Liberty in the morning. 

I'm in the aviation sector and from talks with our meteorologists things are not looking like it's going to be as bad as people are saying. Please do not make a travel decision based on this-- merely saying anecdotally as I think things will be easier for you than they might appear right now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 6:27 PM, Ashland said:

Check rates for Hampton Inn & Suites in Elizabeth NJ. We just stayed there in October and it worked out great.

Do you know if they provide long term parking for a car while on the cruise?  

10 hours ago, itsanita said:

Do you know if they provide long term parking for a car while on the cruise?  

Sorry....no idea but do check on their website or call the hotel directly.