The Glass House.

mklions

Some advice please.

We are sailing on Britannia on 26th Jan and remember from previous cruises  that the Glass House food was always very good.

I am aware that you cannot book the Glass House in advance, but what is the protocol for booking a table once you are aboard the ship?

Do you just turn up and hope that a table is available? which is what we have done previously as I recall. 

Thanks,

Mklions.

Basically yes but if you strike up a good rapport with the boys in that bar you can usually arrange to be “fitted in” reasonably quickly!! We thought the glasshouse on the ship at Christmas was very good or better than before. If you get a chance ask if they are doing a food and wine pairing evening. We did and enjoyed it. It is held in a back room off the side of the bar that I didn’t even know existed??

• Like 2

Never had to wait more than 15 mins for any glasshouse on any P and O ship when we've just walked up

But maybe we've just been lucky?

I enjoyed the meals better there in the past. Lots of trios of stuff now. Rather than one great quality single item on the plate

IMO

11 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Never had to wait more than 15 mins for any glasshouse on any P and O ship when we've just walked up

I enjoyed the meals better there in the past. Lots of trios of stuff now. Rather than one great quality single item on the plate

IMO

Lucky.  Waited 1.5hrs on Aurora sometimes in September 

26 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Or maybe you're 6'6" and built  like Jack Reacher, which might also be why you always get great service everywhere..🤣😇

• Haha 3

After the restart you could book a table at the Glasshouse through the "app" on the night in the same way as Freedom Dining - don't know if you still can or not.

Since the restart we found that the choice and quality of the food in the Glasshouse had deteriorated.

Personally I don't like the location of the Glasshouse on Britannia.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, david63 said:

After the restart you could book a table at the Glasshouse through the "app" on the night in the same way as Freedom Dining - don't know if you still can or not.

Since the restart we found that the choice and quality of the food in the Glasshouse had deteriorated.

Personally I don't like the location of the Glasshouse on Britannia.

Nor me on Arvia and Iona

Not good locations (part of the Atrium but not closed off in any way)

Also never been tempted by Keel and Cow due to the location but keep reading great reviews about the steaks there so will have to try next time

Posted (edited)

We booked it last year on Iona and Britannia initially via their “app” if at a busy time, but at other times to be honest we rarely had long to wait if we just turned up. Still one of my favourite eateries when at sea for a quick and always delicious bite or two.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 2

The Glass House is our favourite on board restaurant and I can honestly say all meals we have had there, both lunch & dinner, have been great. Last year on both our Aurora cruises we used the My Holiday page to book and it worked fine. The position of the restaurant on Britannia & Iona doesn't really bother us - too busy enjoying the food I guess!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Nor me on Arvia and Iona

Not good locations (part of the Atrium but not closed off in any way)

Also never been tempted by Keel and Cow due to the location but keep reading great reviews about the steaks there so will have to try next time

On Britannia we joined a queue on the app, but then went to the desk and told them we would be over getting a coffee if a table became available. We normally don't wait long, but I'm 6'6" and look like Jack Reacher.🤣

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

The Glass House is our favourite on board restaurant and I can honestly say all meals we have had there, both lunch & dinner, have been great. Last year on both our Aurora cruises we used the My Holiday page to book and it worked fine. The position of the restaurant on Britannia & Iona doesn't really bother us - too busy enjoying the food I guess!  

Same here. On Iona folk could stand on tip toes, walk up to the table, or generally spy on us eating. We don't care where they are, as long as we are sat at a table eating great food.

• Like 1