Live From Nova South America Grand Voyage

JSR

3 hours ago, JSR said:

Nor sure which is worse:

- did they realize they would inconvenience and alienate people and not care?

or 

-did they not realize they would upset people? 

Is anything like a rebellion afoot on board?  Group meetings with the guest relations manager?  Request for a video conference with the CEO, who seems generally willing to stand before a camera?  

Just out of curiosity: how many people did the entire Grand Voyage?  I understand, of course, that this affects all disembarking passengers.  

8 hours ago, JSR said:

Annoyed to angry. We just spent $1800each to rebook flights and will know arrive home late and probably exhausted. 

Needless to say they have managed to upset an otherwise happy and excited to return group of Grand Voyagers. 

Did they just discover this? Weren’t the ships scheduled months ago? Should have added an overnight way  ahead of time and we would have all planned to disembark on March 16. 

The whole thing is what you would expect of a 14 year old. 

My husband suggested we all show up on deck for the filming in the nude!!!

What happened?

• Like 3

Well here we are on day 2 of our last leg. 
3/5 Barbados. Nick and I walked around on our own, did a little spice shopping and had lunch. It was super hot. Came back, rested and prepared for our last GV event. An arena style polo match and dinner. Lovely evening with entertainment, good service, good food, and most importantly new friends. 

IMG_7027.thumb.jpeg.84fac0ec0dd120aa41c80b3e19c71a2c.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@Observer there are about 150 of us on the GV. Someone said there is a letter circulating, some people unfortunately are taking their frustrations out on employees (not management), and others are simply moving on. I do not envy the Captain tonight at the formal night cocktail reception. I for one am still annoyed but there is nothing to be done, I have politely voiced my displeasure and it has been noted, I have changed our flights, resigned myself to arriving home late at night, and decided it’s time to enjoy what time we have left of our cruise. 

Edited by JSR
  • Like 5

Can I just say peeps that this is a wonderful live from thread that’s becoming a little derailed, may I suggest comments about the photo op and the aftermath are best posted in the separate thread that is here 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:25 PM, JSR said:

I’ll get us back. Here is the sunset in Bequia

IMG_7091.thumb.jpeg.0d2a524463d6ba9f405ce68d2641f583.jpegIMG_7092.thumb.jpeg.eb890815e7b8170aa7fc31d6a33b0c08.jpegIMG_7089.thumb.jpeg.a9880d204fc7b11035cbedab312da00d.jpeg

Lovely photos. By the way, it appears that you shared the beauty of BequiaIMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.f5416017700743d2daa25cc65dd6eecc.jpeg with Sir Mick Jagger yesterday. 

• Like 3

@JSR Insightful thread about the Nova and your GVSA through SA. I might plan a RAY from Lima to Miami in the future.

Having said that, its getting me worked up on my upcoming Nova cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo and I am wondering whether is the unlimited caviar offerings still available through room service/butler? 

• Like 1

@agape01 yes unlimited caviar from your Butler. It is not on the room service menu but has not been a problem even on short notice. Some people have standing orders however we are more of the: let’s have caviar In the room now… 

• Thanks 1

No sure what happened to my commentary. 
3/8/24 Castries, St Lucia. Ship tour with 6 guests, Wheelchair accessible highlights. We had a driver, a guide and a guide in training. Photo stops, fishing town. In the town Nick watched a fisherman clean Needle fish and the guide bought him some at a stand to try. We saw the Pitons, and toured the botanical gardens all the way to the water falls. The gardens have many accessible paths with uneven but manageable paths of concrete. (Stairs and steeper paths as well which we did not explore). The water falls require traversing gravel backwards if using a wheelchair and some stabilizing if you are not a steady walker (someone’s arm, a cane, or a walking stick is helpful in this local). We then had lunch which was tasty before a ride back to port. Along the way the driver and guide made stops to pick leaves for us to smell and taught about the medicinal qualities of each one. Very good guide and driver and lovely day. Others reported thier tours were good too! 

• Like 4

Antigua was next. I did the accessible highlights and Nick did the cataraman to Bird Island.

We saw lots of scenic views, information center video which was like being in a diorama. I can see why most people would find this not to their liking but I thought it was kitschy fun. Then the fort, views of Eric Clapton’s house, Nelson’s bay, English Harbor. Then rum punch at Nelson’s dockyard. Had a guide from the dockyard for a brief tour who we couldn’t hear or understand. Rum punch and a look at beautiful modern sail boats. Nick’s catamaran tour received raves from some and disappointment from others. Didn’t really see much despite the lively description. Dead coral. 

I think we have totally burnt out on excursions and turned the remainder of our tickets in. Nothing wrong with the excursions we are just enjoying chilling and wondering on our own scheduled after 60+ days.  

IMG_7226.thumb.jpeg.a40f488c51107221abe161e6993da5be.jpegIMG_7236.thumb.jpeg.48bc2306a68f33cee8efc0267bd42628.jpegIMG_7237.thumb.jpeg.a759404e2c98cb85a8888af55c581cd6.jpegIMG_7259.thumb.jpeg.27f943b0747fe1ab797a4159e7db0277.jpeg

• Like 3

St Kitts on our own. We chilled and went for a walk. It was Sunday so once you left the sanitized Diamond international section the area was very quiet. The Ferry to Nevis is walking distance should one want to head over there. 

We went to clock and Independence Square. Notice the Egret on the statue. We were greeted by a very proud rooster. 
Later we enjoyed a beautiful sunset followed by gorgeous colors. I only got a photo of the pre sunset. The balcony railing was in the way for photos. Late sailaway. IMG_7289.thumb.jpeg.a6c7b78e33874403a99f961c62024c1c.jpegIMG_7270.thumb.jpeg.dd1b506300a6a843482cfa8661764adf.jpegIMG_7273.thumb.jpeg.458593a0ef203455e510a94d412118a1.jpegIMG_7275.thumb.jpeg.d99ee6f866d94710c0767d2448067aa2.jpegIMG_7279.thumb.jpeg.39a1ea62f13ee0059ca548939a57ec4c.jpegIMG_7284.thumb.jpeg.56831edf07d5603509353e25f34dba12.jpegIMG_7283.thumb.jpeg.7287680cc85e759630001d5982b991d2.jpegIMG_7296.thumb.jpeg.bc3d492fed7d5e1a1858327dc929c1e9.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi.  I''m going to ask a stupid question, but from reading your thread I think you might be able to answer it.

Have you used "wet cleaning" while onboard?  If so, how was it?  What kind of things did you have wet cleaned?  How does it compare to dry cleaning on land?  I've been leery about trying it for fear that it would ruin my clothes.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

Thanks

• Like 1

@Sweetpea711423 not exactly sure what wet cleaning is but I do know it’s more environmentally friendly then dry cleaning. I used it a lot for clothes that I’d normally wash in cold and hang to dry which is many of my dresses and some specialty shirts of Nick’s. I did not use it for wool or cashmere because I was uncertain not because anything happened. Since we have been in humid climates we will need to clean and wash everything at home anyway. However it was very useful along the way. 

@poinsettiaplate hmm didn’t notice though had no trouble reading the menu in SALT. I think the others may require a reading light if you are not seated under a light. All the restaurant have windows so will depend on how much ambient light there is. Time of year and local will make a difference. Id plan on a clip on directional LED light and you should be fine. 

3/12/24 San Juan. We didn’t do much. Just cleared immigration and walked around. Some light packing. Had dinner with friends and went to the pool party. 

IMG_7316.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JSR said:

@Sweetpea711423 not exactly sure what wet cleaning is but I do know it’s more environmentally friendly then dry cleaning. I used it a lot for clothes that I’d normally wash in cold and hang to dry which is many of my dresses and some specialty shirts of Nick’s. I did not use it for wool or cashmere because I was uncertain not because anything happened. Since we have been in humid climates we will need to clean and wash everything at home anyway. However it was very useful along the way. 

Many thanks for your reply.  Did you ever use wet cleaning for silk, such as a silk shirt?