Stroller recommendations

lparzynski

Posted (edited)

Looking for any stroller recommendations for cruising with a 2 and 4 year old - we love our Mockingbird but know it’ll be too bulky. With that being said - hoping to not spend a ton of money as it’ll really only be used for this purpose. We will not be using it on the ship, only in port. We cruised last year with them without a stroller and did fine, but hoping to do a bit more walking at the ports this time and would like to have a stroller as an option. Thanks!

Edited by lparzynski
Spelling correction

When my kids were 4, I brought 2 umbrella strollers and stroller links.  Kids pushed their own strollers through the ship's corridors until we got near the gangway and it was wider.  If I had another adult with me, then we left the strollers separate.  If I was by myself then I linked them together.  The upside is that it's usually cheaper and gives you flexibility in splitting them.  The downside is the linked strollers are too wide for most doorways.  There were places where I would have to unlink them, then push one child inside, then push the other in which was pretty annoying.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:24 PM, lparzynski said:

hoping to do a bit more walking at the ports this time

which ports are you going to? Does your 4 yo actually need a stroller? Can you use a sit and stand stroller?

Mine gave up on a stroller at 14 months, preferring to run like the wind, so we never brought a stroller when he started cruising with us at 3. We only cruise to Caribbean ports, so walking from ship to a taxi stand is not all that bad, unless you are in Costa Maya. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve been bringing the summer 3d lite with us, folds up nicely and fits in the corner. Reclines, has shade and storage, while also being lightweight. It goes on sale, we were able to get our 2nd one for only $70 about 2 yrs ago.  Started using it at 6 months, our eldest just became too tall for it right before she turned 5, she is very tall for her age, but it is good for up to 50lbs I think. Plus there’s a cupholder for parents that attaches on the side!

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-3Dlite-Convenience-Stroller-Matte/dp/B07NMYWL63/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3BRR70QKO9O7O&keywords=summer%2Binfant%2Bstroller&qid=1706240011&sprefix=Summer%2Binfant%2Bstroller%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0&th=1

Edited by CruisinRach
  • Thanks 1