How can we switch cabins and medallions

51st FMS

Two questions. We are a family of 12 using 5 cabins. According to Princess you have too have an adult in each cabin. Question 1. Can we rearrange the names so the kids are in one cabin and the parents are in another?  We want to make sure the plus package would transfer to the correct person.  Note all 5 cabins are together.
Second question. The cabins with 3 would only allow the Princess Plus for 2 as the 3rd person was free. Can I add them to the Princess Plus?

we keep the reservations as they are, but move people around in the cabins as we want...you can have the medallions set to open more than one door just go to the guest services desk with a person from each cabin & they do it in the computer...not sure about the plus

We had the plus package added to my son for our next cruise as he is the third person in our cabin..Mind you, we paid for him as the third passenger but it should not matter even if he was free I'd think.

The medallion has an number on it that the ship computer uses to look in the database and find your account.  You can go down to guest services and request that the medallion/database be modified to open other doors.  It is not uncommon to have a medallion that will be programed to open other cabin doors particularly if you have younger family staying in those cabins.  The plus package is on your account no matter where the medallion opens the cabin door.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 51st FMS said:
According to Princess you have too have an adult in each cabin. Question 1. Can we rearrange the names so the kids are in one cabin and the parents are in another? 

I agree with the Princess policy.  We had the misfortune of a cabin of kids only next to us and it was hell.  

14 hours ago, 51st FMS said:
 The cabins with 3 would only allow the Princess Plus for 2 as the 3rd person was free. Can I add them to the Princess Plus?

If you booked via a TA just tell them and they can handle that. If you booked directly then just call in and explain what you want to do. *If* you can get past the language barrier they *should* be able to do it over the phone.

We've done it all on board, getting passenger service to allow each person's medallon to open the correct cabin, just make sure that the correct credit cards are assigned to the correct person.

The adults are responsible for the kids, and if there is a complaint, I'd hope the adults get in trouble. 

If the kids are old enough, can't recall what age, 16 or 15, then Princess will let the kids be in their own room, but the booking must be cross referenced with the responsible adults (parents).