No Britannia Club for parents with a toddler?

West-Deutscher

If I want to book a trip for two adults and an infant (= under 24 months) on the Cunard website, I will never be offered "Britannia Club" staterooms on the Queen Mary 2, but only Britannia staterooms, which are marked on the deck plan with a "+" (="The bed for the 3rd person is a sofa single bed").

Since toddlers don't need their own real bed, it should be possible to choose cabins that don't have a single sofa bed?

Three passengers MUST have a designated cabin for three - it isn't possible to have a cabin for two and then add a cot. It is possible to have a cabin for three (as you will be three) and then add a cot although the extra third bed will also still be there. It will be a little squashed but will still work.

A Britannia Club Balcony is generally exactly the same as a Standard Britannia Balcony in area so should work for you. If you're on the QM2 you can also request open dining for a time to suit you too which is helpful with a toddler.

They also limit the number of children in each age group so don’t leave a booking too late otherwise there may be no more availability for the particular age group you require and to my knowledge there is no flex on this. 

Posted (edited)

The other posters are right. Whether you use the third bed or not, you need a three berth cabin and it doesn’t look like there are any three berth Britannia Club cabins on QM2. I have a nearly 2 year old and we take our own travel cot so the bed is not necessary for us but this is something no cruise line will budge on. 

Edited by tacticalbanjo

Posted (edited)

Hello!  One thing to do is not rely on the Cunard Website.      You or your TA needs to call up Cunard and ask directly.  Good luck.

Deck Chair 

Edited by deck chair

9 hours ago, West-Deutscher said:

If I want to book a trip for two adults and an infant (= under 24 months) on the Cunard website, I will never be offered "Britannia Club" staterooms on the Queen Mary 2, but only Britannia staterooms, which are marked on the deck plan with a "+" (="The bed for the 3rd person is a sofa single bed").

Since toddlers don't need their own real bed, it should be possible to choose cabins that don't have a single sofa bed?

If seeking a higher end dining, then consider taking a Britannia Stateroom (3 berth) and dine in Verandah or Lido Alternative every night.

51 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

The other posters are right. Whether you use the third bed or not, you need a three berth cabin and it doesn’t look like there are any three berth Britannia Club cabins on QM2. I have a nearly 2 year old and we take our own travel cot so the bed is not necessary for us but this is something no cruise line will budge on. 

I just looked at deck plans. You're right, Brit Club on QM2 are all 2-passenger cabins. Same for QE and QV. The only reason I can think of is because the Club dining room is small and there isn't room for additional people, although there are plenty of sofa beds in the PG cabins.