Dress code must have's

BVILady

5 minutes ago, BVILady said:

OOps, he will be in trouble there because I do not know how to tie a black tie, wondering who can help, maybe we have to purchase a clip-on.

On our 2019 westbound crossing, there was an informal bow tie tying seminar [with hands on lab work] held by a passenger in one of the embarkation lounges on deck 1. I need to start practicing for our October sailing 😉

On the other hand, the shops onboard sell only the 'pre tied' cheater's bow ties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BVILady said:

OOps, he will be in trouble there because I do not know how to tie a black tie, wondering who can help, maybe we have to purchase a clip-on.

Nothing wrong with that although the purists on here would say otherwise 😀. Maybe an upgrade to a pre-tied as opposed to clip on might be in order.

• Like 1

A couple of comments after reading through this thread.

1.  Buy a bowtie at the ship’s shop because they typically have them and they’re not all plain black ones. And they are pre-tied.  No problem if you haven’t learned to tie a bow tie….
2.  Anyone who is concerned about how many suitcases they have to bring, why not try using one of the luggage forwarding services? There are several.  We’ve had great success with Luggage Forward, especially with Cunard since they partner.  It’s not cheap but we find it’s the best way to get all our dressy clothes on the ship with having to lug another suitcase.

3. If you’re in either of the grills, you can order from the dinner menu earlier that day, and it will be delivered course by course to your cabin.  In Queens Grill, it will be delivered by your butler.

Embrace everything that Cunard offers. It’s different than any American cruise line.  We love it , but it’s definitely not for everyone.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:00 AM, BVILady said:

I would start with a pre-made tie (available via online suppliers) and once you realise you are going to spend a lot of your future spare time on Cunard then you can progress up to the real deal. But you will find that at least some of the cabin stewards / butlers were formally taught how to do a perfect black tie for their guests. And those of us who do know will very willingly help out our fellow guests, it only takes a few seconds.