??? Where do I find my Boarding Group

9 minutes ago, happiness is cruising said:

Hi

?? Where do I find on the new App.. when I am assigned to board

Thank you 

Ann

Look at your travel summary on the website, just above the itinerary..you’ll see the window for boarding times and the sailing time.

You board during the boarding time. No longer assigned boarding times.

• Like 1

Along these lines... Looking at my travel summary for boarding times, does this seem like both a late time to start boarding, and a rather short window? I'm assuming boarding will ACTUALLY start around 11:00am per usual?

image.png.99aad306472f6c2bdc5cb1d004ac80ec.png

6 minutes ago, dv70 said:

Along these lines... Looking at my travel summary for boarding times, does this seem like both a late time to start boarding, and a rather short window? I'm assuming boarding will ACTUALLY start around 11:00am per usual?

image.png.99aad306472f6c2bdc5cb1d004ac80ec.png

It can really vary. If I saw 1 Pm, I’d probably check in about 1030-11 am.  But, we like to go early.

My last one was out of LA boarding time 1230-3pm.

We checked in at 10 am, when line opened to go inside the terminal. Boarding actually started at 1100. 

Depends on the port, what time you can check your luggage and go inside the terminal.

Thank you - I just found it for my forthcoming cruise - Thank You

I was wondering how that worked with Princess (Have not cruise Princess in some number of years.

What I found interesting was that it gives the start of boarding time, and the sail time...but not until much later in the document (in the fine print) does it state that if you do not check in by 90 minutes before sail time you will be denied boarding...

On second reading, that 90 minute limitation is only for: "Guests with incomplete immigration information..."

4 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Thank you - I just found it for my forthcoming cruise - Thank You

I was wondering how that worked with Princess (Have not cruise Princess in some number of years.

What I found interesting was that it gives the start of boarding time, and the sail time...but not until much later in the document (in the fine print) does it state that if you do not check in by 90 minutes before sail time you will be denied boarding...

On second reading, that 90 minute limitation is only for: "Guests with incomplete immigration information..."

Sailing from a U.S. port? Cruise lines are required to provide a passenger manifest to the authorities 60 minutes before sailing. I read this as meaning everyone must check in at least one hour before the ship sails, no matter if their information was completed beforehand or not completed. I read the 90 minute Princess rule as providing a extra 30 minute window for those that have not pre-submitted information to complete documentation before Princess has to submit the manifest. Passengers that arrive within 60 minutes or less from sailing time risk being not allowed to board. I have been on ships that the sailing time was delayed for things like waiting for passengers in route from the airport on a Princess transfer, a late plane with a group of passengers that booked via EZ Air, and things like that.