Wait List

Lene1

I am on waitlist for the Caribbean Princess as solo person on a balcony. They apparently cannot or won’t tell if I have any chance of get a cabin even though I am first in line. Surely they must know if they have one to be filled since everyone has now paid their last payment. It is 28th of this month for 7 days but it also continues on as a 14 day cruise. This is a difficult last minute cruise to get on if you live in Ontario. Friends are on this trip and since I just lost my husband it would be nice to have company.

Both Princess website and my TA's website indicate the Jan 28 cruise is sold out.

My guess is that you are on standby in the event someone cancels in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

2 hours ago, Lene1 said:

I am on waitlist for the Caribbean Princess as solo person on a balcony. They apparently cannot or won’t tell if I have any chance of get a cabin even though I am first in line. Surely they must know if they have one to be filled since everyone has now paid their last payment. It is 28th of this month for 7 days but it also continues on as a 14 day cruise. This is a difficult last minute cruise to get on if you live in Ontario. Friends are on this trip and since I just lost my husband it would be nice to have company.

Don't forget that cruise lines often oversell cruises, so before they can start on the waitlist, they require sufficient cancellations to provide space for those who have already seen sold a cabin. Who knows how many cabins they oversold and how many of them still require cancellations.

We were number one on the waitlist for an accessible mini suite and got it but we were just before final payment due (I think). I kind of had to get it myself. I watched which cabins were available constantly and saw one pop up. Unfortunately our Princess cruise rep was on vacation. So it took a few long phone calls and a live chat but we were moved. So we found it doesn't happen automatically. Plus we know the cabin availability pages are at least sometimes correct. I felt pushy but we got it done! Good luck!

We too had to do the work ourselves. It does not happen automatically. Multiple checks per day to see if what we want is available and call ASAP. Happened in 2014 and we were not first on the wait list.

Good luck!!