Beds on Grandeur

On 1/9/2024 at 10:54 AM, IotaEtaPi said:

Does anyone know the exact size of the European Queen bed in the Veranda Suites? I googled European Queen bed size and came up with several different answers.

Thanks!

Hi there.  We are just off the 12/21 Panama Canal cruise and were in a Delux Veranda.  Thinking they should be the same size bed.  While I don't have exact size, and we are fairly slim (more so at the beginning of the cruise 😉 ), we were not overly crowded on it.  It wasn't a small Queen.  Ours was a pretty firm mattress.  I probably should have asked for a mattress foam topper if available, but I managed.  The pillows were those down-y types that compress flat.  I used two as a side sleeper.  1.5 would have been good. Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, IotaEtaPi said:

Thanks, I'm assuming they are larger that a standard (US) Queen but smaller than a king (US).

Must be.  It was definitely bigger than the queen size we sleep on at my son's house.  That is very cozy.  

2 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

Must be.  It was definitely bigger than the queen size we sleep on at my son's house.  That is very cozy.  

I don't have exact measurements, but it was an "almost king," compared to our actual king at home. Under the mattress pad, if you felt for it, you could feel where the two smaller mattresses were zipped together. You wouldn't notice that at all unless you felt for it at the headboard. I guess this is for those who want the bed separated. 

38 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I don't have exact measurements, but it was an "almost king," compared to our actual king at home. Under the mattress pad, if you felt for it, you could feel where the two smaller mattresses were zipped together. You wouldn't notice that at all unless you felt for it at the headboard. I guess this is for those who want the bed separated. 

I hope someone actually measures it. Now I'm getting curious.  Wonder what the measurements are for the Regent king size beds. 🤔 

Roxy dog- may I ask how you managed with the small bathroom. Was there enough storage for all the usual lotions and potions the average woman uses on a daily basis. Any tips such as using a hanging travel bag on the back of the door?

5 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

Roxy dog- may I ask how you managed with the small bathroom. Was there enough storage for all the usual lotions and potions the average woman uses on a daily basis. Any tips such as using a hanging travel bag on the back of the door?

Hi.  The bathroom was about the same moving around size as a Celebrity line veranda bathroom.  But the shower is larger, probably about 3x5ft.  That mirror you see in pics opens like a normal vanity cabinet with 3 shelves.  There are the additional side shelves, AND above the toilet paper is a recessed shelf.  I was able to put all my lotions, potions, medications, do dads and all crazy extra crap I bring in case of emergencies.  All fit in there. 

There are also shelves and drawers in the sitting area for larger items like sunglasses, masks bundles, handiwipes, etc.

I have never used one of those hang-on-the-door bags, and still somehow manage to pack away all my stuff.  Oh, and the shower as two large glass shelves which can hold many bottles of things.  Probably about 3x15in or so.

The Veranda closet also has 5 drawers that are very roomy.  The hanging area is a bit tight though, so the drawers are needed.  There is a drop-down rack, but then you can't hang pants or dresses.

Hope this helps, regards,

Ellen

• Like 1

Ellen, thank you so much for the detailed answer. I did not realize the mirror had shelves behind-excellent!

Even though we enjoyed the F2 that we had on Splendor last Dec/Jan, I feel we will be quite comfortable in the del verandah. We are choosing it for the location- low and midship for a Cape Town to Rio cruise Jan 2025.

Thanks again,

Debra

18 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

Ellen, thank you so much for the detailed answer. I did not realize the mirror had shelves behind-excellent!

Even though we enjoyed the F2 that we had on Splendor last Dec/Jan, I feel we will be quite comfortable in the del verandah. We are choosing it for the location- low and midship for a Cape Town to Rio cruise Jan 2025.

Thanks again,

Debra

You are quite welcome!

On 1/9/2024 at 1:54 PM, IotaEtaPi said:

Does anyone know the exact size of the European Queen bed in the Veranda Suites? I googled European Queen bed size and came up with several different answers.

Thanks!

the beds on Grandeur are the same as Explorer and Splendour. 
See the same questions on another thread: